Weird Loop...

Gaboury

Hi guys...

I am making a mIRC Scrim Finder. Now, the gui is okay, and it works pretty good BUT! When I launch it, sometimes it gives an error, sometimes it doesn't (it says it cannot read the ini file...) and then also when you launch it, it works all etc, and then it opens mIRC, and when you close mIRC then there is a weird problem..because now it makes a loop that doesn't make itself the first time you launch it...and there's no way of removing that...

Well here's the code, if there is anything that I should change tell me why :whistle:

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
Dim $stop = 0, $start = 0, $time = 20;sleep time
;If Not IsDeclared('WS_CLIPSIBLINGS') Then Global $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS = 0x04000000
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ GUI
GuiCreate("mIRC Scrim Auto Searcher", 365, 316,(@DesktopWidth-392)/2, (@DesktopHeight-316)/2 , $WS_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW + $WS_VISIBLE + $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)

$Picture = GuiCtrlCreatePic("C:\Documents and Settings\Jaimie\Bureau\Jaimie\AutoIt\mIRC Automatic Scrim Searcher\mircscrim.jpg", 20, 10, 325, 65)
$Picture2 = GUICtrlCreatePic("C:\Documents and Settings\Jaimie\Bureau\Jaimie\AutoIt\mIRC Automatic Scrim Searcher\bygab.jpg", 20, 230, 325, 65)
$input1 = GuiCtrlCreateInput(".: 5 vs 5 | East | Yours | Cal-I | MAP | PM ME :.", 20, 85, 325, 22)
GUICtrlSetState( -1, $GUI_FOCUS)
$label1 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Hi.  This is my first program.  I made this mIRC Scrim Finder to make it easier to find scrims.  Just paste whatever line you'd have posted on mIRC to find a scrim and then press Start.  It will also log you in the good mIRC server and make sure you don't bypass the flood protection.", 20, 150, 320, 80)
$startbutton = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Start Finding!", 130, 115, 96, 23)
GUICtrlSetState( -1, $GUI_DEFBUTTON)
$stopbutton = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Stop Finding!", 249, 115, 96, 23)
$progress = GUICtrlCreateProgress( 20, 116, 96, 20)
GUISetState() 
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ GUI
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Set On Event
Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1); Gui On Event ON

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($startbutton, "startit")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent($stopbutton, "stopit")
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "Closeit")
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Set On Event
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ GUI Commands
While 1
    If $start = 1 Then
        While 2
                        $getinput = GUICtrlRead($input1)
                        $askbox1 = MsgBox(4, "Are you sure?", "Are those informations about the scrim the good ones?" & @CRLF & $getinput)
                    If $askbox1 = 7 Then
                        MsgBox(0, "Canceled", "The search has been canceled.  Please rectify the informations and search again.", 3)
                        $start = 0
                        ExitLoop
                    ElseIf $askbox1 = 6 Then
                        MsgBox(0, "Info", "The scrim information has been accepted.  Please be patient while mIRC Scrim Finder tries to find your scrim.", 3)
                        $readiniconfig = IniRead(@HomeDrive & "\mIRCScrimFinder\config.ini", "Path", "$mircpath", "NotFound")
                    If Not $readiniconfig = "NotFound" Then
                        Call("mircstart")
                        ExitLoop
                    ElseIf $readiniconfig = "NotFound" Then
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 10)
                        MsgBox(0, "Info", "Please wait as we find your mIRC executable" & @CRLF & "Note that this will only happen the first time you launch this program.", 5)
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 20)
                        Sleep($time)
                    If $stop = 1 Then ExitLoop
                        Sleep(1000)
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 30)
                        Sleep($time)
                        runWait(@comspec & ' /c dir /b /s ' & @HomeDrive & '\mirc.exe > "' & @HomeDrive & '\result.txt"', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE)
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 60)
                        Sleep($time)
                        $resultopen = FileOpen(@HomeDrive & "\result.txt", 0 )
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 70)
                        Sleep($time)
                    If $stop = 1 then ExitLoop
                        $resultread = FileReadLine($resultopen)
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 80)
                        Sleep($time)
                        FileClose($resultopen)
                        DirCreate (@HomeDrive & "\mIRCScrimFinder\")
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 90)
                        Sleep($time)
                        IniWrite(@homeDrive & "\mIRCScrimFinder\config.ini", "Path", "$mircpath", $resultread)
                        GUICtrlSetData($progress, 100)
                        Sleep($time)
                        EndIf
                        MsgBox(0, "Detected.", "mIRC Scrim Finder detected the path to your mIRC executable." & @CRLF & "The starting is now only a question of seconds.", 2)
                        $start = 0
                        $readiniconfig1 = IniRead(@HomeDrive & "\mIRCScrimFinder\config.ini", "Path", "$mircpath", "NotFound")
                        Call("mircstart")
                        ExitLoop
                    EndIf
                WEnd
            EndIf
        WEnd
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- GUI Commands
;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Function            
Func startit()
    $start = 1
EndFunc

Func stopit()
    $stop = 1
EndFunc

Func closeit()
    $surequit = MsgBox(4, "Closing...", "Are you sure you want to quit?")
    If $surequit = 6 Then
        MsgBox(0, "Closing...", "You requested mIRC Scrim Finder to close." & @CRLF & "                  Now Exiting...", 2)
        Exit
    ElseIf $surequit = 7 Then
    EndIf
EndFunc
Func mircstart()
    $start = 0
    $stop = 1
    Run($readiniconfig1)
    WinActivate("mIRC")
    WinWaitActive("mIRC")
    Send("{ENTER}")
    EndFunc

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Functions

Hmm, the way you have indented your script is quite confusing. When you say:

If $askbox1 = 7 Then
    MsgBox(...)
    $start = 0
    ExitLoop
ElseIf $askbox1 = 6 Then
    MsgBox(...)
    $readiniconfig = IniRead(...)

do you mean for the final line to be part of the ElseIf block? Logically this is what is happening, but your indentation suggests that you do not want it to work this way in which case you would say:

If $askbox1 = 7 Then

MsgBox(...)

$start = 0

ExitLoop

ElseIf $askbox1 = 6 Then

MsgBox(...)

$readiniconfig = IniRead(...)

EndIf

Edit: To be clear on what I'm saying, it is good practice to indent blocks of code like this:

while (1)
   ; code
wEnd
···
if (condition) then
   ; code
else
   ; code
endIf

Take note of how the outside statements are all aligned equally.

Edited by LxP

Well I got it alone :whistle:

I had a "ExitLoop" somewhere that hadn't to be there, thus making the loop to restart always (because it was closing the "while 2", but not the "while 1")... Got it to work now :(

Works perfectly :dance:

Now I only have to add the mIRC part into that and it should be fine :dance: Thanks for your help :D