Sign in to follow this  
Curious52

Can Autoit interact and analyse Wireshark info.?

Curious52

I try to find the way to use Autoit for interacting and analyse Wireshark tool (get some specific data), can Autoit do it? If YES, please provide some related links?

Thanks to any help

orbs

in Wireshark, File > Export you can export the capture data to text file, which can later be analyzed by AutoIt.

this thread has some more info: http://serverfault.com/questions/150167/how-do-i-convert-wireshark-capture-files-to-text-files

if you mean real-time analysis, then direct the Wireshark stdout stream to be read by AutoIt. i forget how it's done, but it's not hard, search the web for it.

Curious52

Yes, I meant real-time analsysis and as you suggested I am searching the web.

Thanks for helping

corgano

STDoutread in the help file. If that's not what it's called, search for STD in the help file, or start typing it in SciTE and it will give you an autocorrect option for it. The example in the help file should be good enough to get you going

good luck

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

iamtheky

use tshark to dump logs of desired output. But if its a large capture you might want to set some artificial limits, unless you want to reach the physical ones.

http://www.wireshark.org/docs/man-pages/tshark.html

maybe a loop with the parameter -c set to something reasonable, that writes a uniquely named file each iteration.

-c <capture packet count>

Set the maximum number of packets to read when capturing live data. If reading a capture file, set the maximum number of packets to read.

Edited by boththose

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

Curious52

Hi boththose,

I did look at your TShark link, it sound interesting. However, have you try using Autoit to dump logs of desired output? By any chance you can provide some related Autoit codes?

Thanks for helping

FireFox

Hi,

Have you tried the Winpcap UDF?

Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

Curious52

Hi FireFox,

I haven't yet, can you provide the related link for using it with Autoit?

FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

iamtheky

If you are trying to perform real-time capture and analysis, and then maybe take actions based off what is analyzed.  I would allow AutoIt to do only the last part and allow the other tools to do exactly what they are designed for.  There was nothing gained by adding AutoIt to the Wireshark+Tshark solution as we had no need to further display or act upon the output once the target traffic was captured.

If you could explain what the endgame is, we could perhaps lead you toward the most effective solution.

Curious52

Hi Firefox,

I couldn't find where I can download Winpcap.au3, by any chance you know where is it?

iamtheky

FireFox

Which is the first result in the search link I posted.

Curious52

Hi bothhose & firefox,

I got the Wincap.au3 as your link.

Many thanks, :bye: