Newbie Help

Guest CunningFox

Guest CunningFox

Hi all,

I discovered AutoIt on Friday and am using it to help with new PC roll outs we are doing at work. However, I'm having a little problem when trying to Auto add network printers (via local printer, new tcp/ip port etc).

When the option to chose for network or local printer, I select local printer, what I then need it to check whether the 'plug and play' check box is checked or not and uncheck it if it is.

Checking or Unchecking it isn't a problem, however, when I try to read if it's currently checked I fail miserably :dance:. I'm using GUICtrlRead on the checkbox and it always returns 0.

I've had a quick search on the forum and can't find anything that helps. I know it's possible to do this via rundl32 but thats not really the piont when you are trying to learn something else :whistle:.

Any help please?

thanks.

Guest CunningFox

Try to find out the checked state with ControlCommand and its command "IsChecked".

That should return a value you can evaluate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Magic :whistle:

Many thanks.

Hi,

You may try the freeware utility ( http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?9000000036378 )

good luck

Hi all,

I discovered AutoIt on Friday and am using it to help with new PC roll outs we are doing at work. However, I'm having a little problem when trying to Auto add network printers (via local printer, new tcp/ip port etc).

When the option to chose for network or local printer, I select local printer, what I then need it to check whether the 'plug and play' check box is checked or not and uncheck it if it is.

Checking or Unchecking it isn't a problem, however, when I try to read if it's currently checked I fail miserably :dance:. I'm using GUICtrlRead on the checkbox and it always returns 0.

I've had a quick search on the forum and can't find anything that helps. I know it's possible to do this via rundl32 but thats not really the piont when you are trying to learn something else :whistle:.

Any help please?

thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>