How can I use AutoIt with OCR to Read the Wheel of fortune Rewards on a Online Game in Wartune

Hi peoples,

I'm happy that I found this forum where people hopefully can help me making a autoit program that uses OCR.

For quite some time ive been playing some online game, wartune, it got a special wheel of fortune where you can obtain prizes.

I want to keep the game related details as short as possible, but it comes to this:

All rewards on the wheel are bound by several rules, setups etc and the content can be 99% predicted with the research I done.

There's a very tiny chance to win big prizes from the wheel and to get a chance, there are several items to ignore before you can spin.

Recently ive been talking with a few gamefans about this and one of them told I could use autoit with ocr to read the rewards from the screen.

Droplr image example:

<snip>

Because some rewards are on the screen 99x out of 100 times you open and close the wheel (refreshes the available rewards) you see those bad items which spoil your chances.

Im pretty new to autoit, but I have no problems doing the part where I can exit the wheel and open it again, the ocr part is new to me and I would like to know if it is possible to scan the rewards section for a certain item.

I wonder if its possible to scan an area of 385x355 pixels (see image) to match another small sample picture I took from the wheel to use as method to match the contents in the 385x355 pixels area with the picture I choose to compare the rewards in that area with to search for a match.

Or is it only possible to compare sets of pixel colors? All examples ive tried to find are only based on matching a group of pixel colors.

Search area example:

<snip> 

Example File to match with: (taken from this screenshot, it's that number 40 as it is an amount)

<snip> 

Let's say the search zone is the computer screen itself, so the search area's will be this image's offsets.

So, could someone help me to make a script the searches the search area example pic posted here for the example file to match with pic posted below it?

The best would be to take the example search area pic as search target on the screen and the example to match with as the search goal.

I would be really gratefull if I can get the basics of this script started so that i can continue to expand it myself and match the screen coordinates etc to the real situation.

On this way I can make some sort of Bot that searches the wheel for certain rewards and closes it if it doesnt find anything and repeats the process by opening the wheel again, search and close until it found a match, this would save hours, lets say many days of searching and automates a very tiresome work.

If pictures can't be use to match afteral, please explain how I could search an image by a 3x3 square of color matching pixels (resulting in the same idea but more complicated)

Thanks so much in advance

Edited by Melba23
Removed links

• Moderators

Alexandra95,

adnanbaloch is quite right - please read the Forum rules (the link is also at bottom right of each page) - particularly the bit about not discussing game interaction - before you post again. Thread locked. :naughty:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area