Using AutoIt3 as a testing tool after Jenkins build

I'm a game developer and we're finally getting to the point where I can start working on some tests for my game.

I'm kind of familiar with AutoIt3 so I decided to write a script to smoke test my game.

We build our game using Jenkins and have a slave Windows Jenkins machine to do any visual tests that need to be done (and also compile the game due to a bug in Unity's -nographics parameter causing the builds to be corrupt without this workaround :P).

My question is...is there a way to report to Jenkins the pass/fail results of the smoke test and have it formatted in some way readable to Jenkins?

I've been staring at Ant and xUnit stuff (and RobotFramework and a bunch of other stuff) but all that stuff seems confusing and not exactly straight forward :(

• Moderators

duckling78,

Unfortunately, what you want to do is classed as "game interaction" and so discussion is not permitted here. I appreciate that you are testing, not playing, the game but the Forum rules are quite clear:

"Do not ask for help with AutoIt scripts, post links to, or start discussion topics on the following subjects

[...]

Launching, automation or script interaction with games or game servers, regardless of the game"

So I am afraind that I am going to have to lock the thread. :(

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area