Simple Example of _Timer_SetTimer

leegold

Hi,

I did see the example in documentation but I have to self deprecate and say it's rather complicated for me.

I wondered if I could ask better programmers than me for simplification of and a simple example of the function: _Timer_SetTimer. I would be grateful for a bare bones example showing the essential basic action of this function.

Thanks,

Lee G.

• Moderators

Hi, leegold. It would help to find out what portion of the example is throwing you off. Did you click on the Open Script button in the help file, and did it run okay for you? If the example ran okay, perhaps post what you're trying to do and we can help you troubleshoot.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I'm not searching hard enough before I ask my questions. I found a simple example that works and that helps me see its usage. I know forum posters would have helped me "grok" the example in the documentation to much learn more. Thanks! For now this might suffice.

#include <Timers.au3>
$Form1_1 = GUICreate("Timerform", 419, 277, 206, 136)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Global $Timer1

$Timer1 = _Timer_SetTimer($Form1_1, 5000, "TimerTest")

While 1
WEnd

Func TimerTest($hWnd, $Msg, $iIDTimer, $dwTime)
    #Forceref $hWnd   , $Msg   , $iIDTimer   , $dwTime
    Beep()
EndFunc