Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adrianna

Help with Audio

2 posts in this topic

New to the forum, automation, and AutoIt for that matter.

I've done some basic coding in AutoIt and found the examples helpful. So far it is fairly simple stuff as you can guess: opening an application, waiting for windows, interacting with a few controls, etc. Basic as I said but really exciting to watch your code actually perform actions while you can do something else!

What I'd like to know if there is any way to capture audio?

More specifically my goal is to capture audio from an application that uses a synthesizer for accessibility purposes (this would be for users who are visually impaired).

So in this hypothetical situation I'd be able to capture audio from something like MS Narrator or a 3rd party application that uses a synthesizer for speech. These applications of course let users who are visually impaired know where they are on the screen, what controls they are interactive with, and sometimes they read text on pages.

Is there any way to do this with AutoIt? I searched the forums before posting but the only audio related topics I saw involved capturing audio from a microphone or video which I would think is quite different than getting audio from Narrator or a usability application.

Thank you!

Honestly, I think that would be a huge task for someone starting coding.  Instead of starting from scratch and coding a whole new program for the visually impaired I start with something that is free on the web.  http://www.screenreader.net/index.php?pageid=11 came from a simple google search and this might be the best place to start to get a few ideas.  Later do a piece by piece code until you could offer better support for the impaired.