How to select first row first column in infragistics Grid?

Hi,

I am trying to a select a column in infragistics grid-view. A column contains both text and text box/ drop down controls. All these controls are created dynamically so, i don't know the specific name of these controls. I am also trying to find the control name by using Windows Info tool but it can only select grid-view (it doesn't recognize the columns as well as controls inside it)

1. How can i select the column/row inside the infragistics grid control?

2. How can i detect the particular control inside the columns?

3. Is this possible to click particular text in Gridview? if yes,How can i do this?

I attached the sample grid-view diagram of mine. 

Thanks,

--SJ

post-84013-0-43138000-1387432335_thumb.p

Edited by codeninja

off-hand i'd say that if you can not identify the control specifically with the Window Info tool, then focus on the nearest 'container' control (the entire grid in your case) then Send() some arrow keys or tabs to get on the specific control.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

off-hand i'd say that if you can not identify the control specifically with the Window Info tool, then focus on the nearest 'container' control (the entire grid in your case) then Send() some arrow keys or tabs to get on the specific control.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tried to send the keys but it could not select the first row/column. but after selecting the first row by manually all arrow keys are working fine

--SJ

"by manually" i assume you mean "by mouse click". try to do it all using keyboard only, then it will be easier to mimic your actions in the script.

Spoiler

UDF:

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

Apps:

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

"by manually" i assume you mean "by mouse click". try to do it all using keyboard only, then it will be easier to mimic your actions in the script.

Yes, you are right, i am doing manual mouse click but i can able to do the mouse click automatically using grid-view coordinates. Is this right way to solve the problem?

FYI, i am trying (ctrl|space|home) key combinations and it never move to the first row first column

Edited by codeninja

if you cannot use keyboard to get to the element, use mouse clicks, but be very careful with your coordinates, and be prepared to adjust your script if & when the element position change, due to different contents, scroll bars, whatever.

if you are pretty sure the position of the first cell does not change, then the best way would be to mouse click to get to the first cell, and then use arrow keys for the specific element.

that said, go ahead and try.

Spoiler

UDF:

Apps:

• Moderators

Why don't you post what worked for you, to help someone searching the forum for a similar problem in the future?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Why don't you post what worked for you, to help someone searching the forum for a similar problem in the future?

Hi JLogan,

I simply get the control coordinates by referring mentioned link ['?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>and then i pass the coordinates value to MouseClick() and before that i add some constant value to click the first column( but it specially to my windows application design)

Thanks