No bass with 5.1 system playing 2.1 files?

Hi!
I've recently bought a 5.1 speaker system. Now I know I can't get full sorround sound when playing 2.1 audio/video files or watching youtube or what not. But I want all speakers to play sound. 

Currently only the 2 front speaker play sounds. I've got 5.1 configured, updated all drivers and it's not problem. When I test 5.1 sorround sound all speakers work. But when I play anything but that (2.1) sound only comes from the 2 front speakers.

I have got my receiver connected to an HDMi cable and everything seems to work fine.

The biggest problem is that the subwoofer isn't utalized at all. I bought a really big subwoofer for the insane sound. But now the two front speakers play all the base sounds, making it lame.

The solution to this I would presume to be the "Speaker fill" option in the enhancements tab since that is just what I'm asking for. But the option is not there, the question is: is there any way to force this or any other alike workaround.

Any ideas?

• Moderators

KaninKanon,

Is there an AutoIt-related question in all that? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

KaninKanon,

Afraid not - this site is intended to help those coding in the AutoIt scripting language. Good luck with finding a solution. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area