How to get line number using stringregexp ?

tonycst

Layer numbers are off, line numbers are off. There are way too many conflicting scopes for variables.

If I were you, I'd split the gcode into various parts:

0) header

1 to N) each individual layer

N+1) footer

Turn these parts into as many array of lines, which you can now easily manage at will.

Writing back the final modified file is as easy as as many ArrayToString and FileWrites.

This way you don't have any more to worry about line numbers.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Easy for you to say.

With my level of knowledge i dont even understand what you mean by all this.

Arrays are not something i am familiar with, that why i came here for help.

But i will try to do some clean up and see what i can do.

I will make things go into more functions rather then in the loop, that should help me navigate thru easier and identify errors.

Will post when done.

Thanks

Hi tonycst,

As jchd said, your line numbers appear to be wrong.  layer 0 is at line 27.

You seem to be misunderstanding the use of the "assign" function and are using it to increment a variable.  This may be working but is difficult to read (therefore maintain).

EX;   $Found = $Found + 1 or $Found += 1 will increment $Found by 1.   Currently you are using "Assign ("Found",$Found+1)".  Same with "Assign ("CurrentLine",$CurrentLine+1)".

To correct the line sync problem try this:

- change "Assign ("Found",1)" to "Assign ("Found",0)"

- change "$NewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("RAFT Layer" & $i & "|" & $aLineNumber[$i], $ListView)" to

"$NewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("RAFT Layer" & $i+1 & "|" & $aLineNumber[$i], $ListView)"

- change "$Item = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Layer " & $Found & "|" & $aLineNumber[$i], $ListView)" to

"$Item = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Layer " & $Found & "|" & $aLineNumber[$i]+1, $ListView)"

There may be other places were you are not synchronized.

As far as arrays go you are already using them, eg, filereadtoarray and arrayfindall.

Good Luck,

kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

Are layers numbers always starting at 0 and consecutive?

As kylomas said, you don't need Assign. Already removed.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Are layers numbers always starting at 0 and consecutive?

Good point, did not check that.

Better to get the layer number from the hit, not the line number.

edit: in the sample data they are consecutive starting at 0...still better to get them from the matched data...

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

layers always start from 0.

Cant change Assign ("Found",1) to Assign ("Found",0) It will lead to 1st layer be 0 which its not.

I did try to do it with 1 and adding +1 to [$i] but it still makes layer 0 displayed as 0 and i need it to be 1

Here is what you maybe confusing your self with.

CURA (3d slicing/printing program) generates this code. It generates 1st layer as Layer 0, but in the viewport its shown as Layer 1.

Thats why i have Found 1 instead of Found 0. I need that extra 1 to match layer numbers with CURA.

Layer numbering is not what i worry about. I worry about speed it takes to identify comments made by my program when INI reads SearchAtOpen=Yes.

Everything else is fine so far.

Ok this is all i could do with the script.

Source.zip

Use attached TEST.gcode file to open because there are changes since previous one.

To disable my slow search feature, click Options and uncheck Autosearch (Slow)

There are no problems in the script from what i understand. It works as i expect it to work and needs no change other then getting Autosearch work faster.

Here is the autosearch code isolated

If IniRead($INI, "Settings", "SearchAtOpen", "") = "Yes" Then
                $localIndex = _GUICtrlListView_MapIDToIndex($ListView, $Item)
                For $s = 1 To 14 ;read 10 lines ahead because i only have 10 parameters that would create 10 lines max
                    $c2MSG = GUIGetMsg()
                    If $c2MSG = $CANCEL Then ExitLoop 2
                    $SearchLine = FileReadLine($Source, $aLineNumber[$i] + $s)
                    If $SearchLine = ";G-Code Modifier DATA Start" Then
                        _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($ListView, $Found - 1, $aLineNumber[$i] + $s, 2) ;Item index is -1 from found count.
                        GUICtrlSetImage($localIndex, $Warning)
                    EndIf
                    If $SearchLine = ";G-Code Modifier DATA End" Then
                        _GUICtrlListView_SetItemText($ListView, $Found - 1, $aLineNumber[$i] + $s, 3) ;Item index is -1 from found count.
                        GUICtrlSetImage($localIndex, $Warning)
                    EndIf
                Next
            EndIf
Edited by tonycst