Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pradumnb29

Recorded scripts does not play in AutoIt

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

i am new to Autoit and i am really happy with the potensial of the tool.. i think we can achieve a good automation coverage with this tool but i am having 2 issues with the tool.. i am hoping someone would have already solved the issue so would be able to help me. 

1- I tried to record a script using Au3Recorder of SciTe tool and tried to replay it .. it kept on failing . 

it looks like when it records it is writing  function like _WinWaitActivate which is not a function of AutoIt .. i think it uses winwaitActive function.

can someone explain why autoit is behaving like that. ? and what is the best way to use this function.

2- I am also observing if something fails in autoit. it justs stop. is there a way to do exception handling and error reporting. 

Thanks in advance, 

When you record something, the AU3Recorder creates the _WinWaitActivate function. Can you please post the output after you've recorder your actions?

As for error checking, look in the help file for @error and SetError. Most every function in the help file will tell you what number @error is set to, based on what went wrong.

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!