Evaluate conditions

Olson

So this makes no sense.

The previous code gave Width=NULL, Height=Some Number, Resolution=Some Number.

So I decided to check resolution first by:

;;[autoit]
HotKeySet("{F7}","size")

Func size()
    Send("!I")
    Send("z")
    $resolution = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:5]");reads the current resolution, change resolution with the correct control
    msgbox("tvt","Hello",$resolution)
    If $resolution <> "100.000" Then ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:5]", "100");set the resolution control, change resolution with the correct control
    $width = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:1]");reads the current width, change width with the correct control
    msgbox("tvt","Hello",$width)
    $height = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:2]");reads the current width, change width with the correct control
    msgbox("tvt","Hello",$height)

If $width > $height Then; compare the 2
        ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:1]", "4000");set the height control, change height with the correct control
    Else
        ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:2]", "4000");set the width control, change width with the correct control
    EndIf
    ;add other actions "to click ok" etc
 EndFunc
 ;;[/autoit]

While 1
Sleep(100)
WEnd

And now Height and Width are correct and Resolution is NULL.  I can't get my head around the first lookup always being NULL.

Is the Send() opening the window? Then the first ControlGetText() always fail because you are not waiting long enough for the window to be created before trying to read from it.

HotKeySet("{F9}", "size")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func size()
    Send("!I")
    Send("z")
    WinWaitActive("Resize")
    $width = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:1]");reads the current width, change width with the correct control
    MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Width: " & $width)
    $height = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:2]");reads the current height, change height with the correct control
    MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Height: " & $height)
    $resolution = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:5]");reads the current resolution, change resolution with the correct control
    MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Resolution: " & $resolution)
    If $width < $height Then; compare the 2
        ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:1]", "4000");set the width control, change width with the correct control
    Else
        ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:2]", "4000");set the height control, change height with the correct control
    EndIf
    If $resolution <> "100.000" Then ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:5]", "100");set the resolution control, change resolution with the correct control
 EndFunc

Try this. Also I don't know if you saw my edit before, to delete the "Send("z")" if you don't need to send "z".

• Moderators

@Olson, it finally dawned on me what application you're trying to automate (always a good idea to state this up front, helps us help you). This works for me in the latest version of Paint Shop Pro, though from the class names you have listed it looks like you're running an older version. Nevertheless, you should be able to change the CLASS:AfxWnd90u to CLASS:AfxWnd42 and it should work.

WinActivate("Corel PaintShop Pro", "")
Send("+s") ;Open the resize menu, in this version at least

$Width = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:1]")
$Height = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:2]")
$Resolution = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:3]")
$pixelWidth = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:4]")
$pixelHeight = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:5]")

If $Height < $Width Then
      ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:2]", "4000.0")
   ElseIf $Width < $Height Then
      ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:1]", "4000.0")
   EndIf

ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd90u; INSTANCE:3]", "100")
   ControlClick("Resize", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:14]")

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

So the code is working, but not all the time.  If a step takes too long it will skip the next instructions.  Here is how it stands now:

HotKeySet("{F7}", "size")

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func size()
    Send("!I")
    Send("E")
    Send("6")
    sleep(3000)
    ;WinWaitActive(
    ;WinWaitActive("Resize")
    Send("+R")
    sleep(3000)
    ;WinWaitActive("Resize")
    ;WinWaitActive("Resize")
    Send("+S")
    sleep(3000)
    ;WinWaitActive("Resize")
    ;MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Width: " & $width)
    $height = ControlGetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:2]");reads the current height, change height with the correct control
    ;MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Height: " & $height)
    ;MsgBox(0, "Hello", "Resolution: " & $resolution)
    If $width > $height Then; compare the 2
        ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:1]", "4000");set the width control, change width with the correct control
    Else
        ControlSetText("Resize", "", "[CLASS:AfxWnd42; INSTANCE:2]", "4000");set the height control, change height with the correct control
    EndIf
    ControlClick("Resize", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:14]")
    sleep(3000)
    Send("!A")
    Send("s")
    Send("h")
    sleep(3000)
    Send("!A")
    Send("s")
    Send("h")
    ;send("^c")
    ;sleep(1000)
    ;WinWaitActive("Resize")
    ;send("^v")