Sign in to follow this  
rbenner1184

Read GUID for software and enter in to variable

rbenner1184

I am dealing with a software that is a pluggin that is giving the user issues if they already had the previous pluggin installed on the PC. IO found the fix to this though is to simply delete a registry key under the GUID, but the problem is is that the GUID is unique to each user and it is not universal at all. So what I am trying to do is read the guid and input this as a variable so i can delete the registry string under the GUID. I Do not want to delete the complete GUID on the url string and then I will write the new correct url string in it. I am at my wits end here with this, so I am open to any suggestions.

I have some code, but its not right I know. I just need a technique on how to do this. Thanks.

$Ssubkey = RegEnumKey("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTA\Solutions")
RegDelete("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTA\Solutions" $Ssubkey & "file:///C:/Program Files/salesforce.com/Salesforce for Outlook/SalesforceForOutlook.vsto")
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VSTA\Solutions", $Ssubkey &  "REG_SZ", "file:///C:/Program Files/salesforce.com, inc/Salesforce for Outlook/SalesforceForOutlookSidePanel.vsto")