StdoutRead / StderrRead for RunWait(@ComSpec

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Hey,

im trying to read the output from a cmd window so I can create an if/else statement for if it errors or is successful, but at the moment I can get the output.

Also oddly enough when I put ', $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD' at the end of the first line, it stops the cmd window from staying open when the switch is set to /c which should keep the window open when its finished, if you remove ', $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD' then the window stays open like it should

Anyone got any ideas?

Local $iPID = RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'adb tcpip 5555', @SystemDir, @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Local $sOutput = ""

$sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)

$sOutput = StderrRead($iPID)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Stderr Read:", $sOutput)

• Developers
  • Solution

You need to use Run() in stead of RunWait as the 4th parameter for RunWait() is:

opt_flag

[optional] Controls various options related to how the parent and child process interact.
    0x10000 ($RUN_CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE) = The child console process should be created with its own window instead of using the parents window. This flag is only useful when the parent is compiled as a Console application.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok ive changed that and it now returns the error from the command window if I use the following:

Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'adb tcpip 5555', @SystemDir, @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Local $sOutput = ""

$sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID)
MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Stdout Read:", $sOutput)

Now I dont need the StdoutRead, I only need StderrRead, but if I remove StdoubtRead msgbog then StderrRead msgbox stops showing the reply

Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'adb tcpip 5555', @SystemDir, @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Local $sOutput = ""

Any idea why?

Wasnt giving it enough time, I put a sleep in before reading the output and that sorted it

Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & 'adb tcpip 5555', @SystemDir, @SW_SHOW, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
        Local $sOutput = ""

Sleep (500)

How can I make it wait for the cmd window to finish before moving to the msgbox without using a sleep? as one command im using replys with the error or success within a second, however another takes upto 25 seconds, I dont want it to sleep for 25 seconds before displaying the message box if it is succesfull....

maybe like this?

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Local $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'adb tcpip 5555', @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED) ; $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)
Local $sOutput = ""

Do
    $sOutput &= StdoutRead($iPID)
Until @error

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Stderr or stdout Read:", $sOutput)
Edited by PincoPanco

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....