Script to change regedit with user input

Hi friends!

I'm a little bit stuck in the automatic image installation at the company I'm working for.

The script I'll have to create should basically be a script where the user(or me) can input their domain name and password which can be stored in a format where I then can execute it and enter it in the registry at first boot.

Registry entries are: 

reg add "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon" /v DefaultUserName /t REG_SZ /d youruser (Changed by user input)
reg add "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon" /v DefaultPassword /t REG_SZ /d yourpassword (Changed by user input)
reg add "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon" /v DefaultDomainName /t REG_SZ /d yourdomain (Not changed)
reg add "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1 (Not changed)
reg add "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon" /v AutoLogonCount /t REG_DWORD /d 1 (Not changed)

These should be stored temporary(Preferable on the local harddrive the image is installed on) and then when executed deleted.

Is anyone familiar with these kind of scripts?
Best Regards
Andreas :)

• Moderators

If it is HKLM, why not use an administrative password or RunAs, rather than trying to capture the user's credentials?

I would think you could easily do this by putting the script on an accessible network location and calling it with a logon script. That way, rather than a copy of it on every computer, you have one script to update if you ever need to change anything.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!