Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
orbs

wrapper directive "compatibility" clarification

3 posts in this topic

just noticed these two in the change log.

3.3.10.0 (23rd December, 2013) (Release)

AutoIt:

• Changed: Removed Windows 2000 support. Minimum supported OS is now Windows XP RTM / Windows Server 2003.
  • Changed: Default manifest file on AutoIt and compiled exes is set for "AsInvoker" and tagged with compatibility for Vista/Win7/Win8 and Win8.1.

as for the manifest compatibility tag, i noticed the relevant obsolete directive still appears in the SciTe wrapper help as an available options. i took the risk and commented-out this line from some of my scripts, compiled and tested, and they still work as before; is there still a use for it now?

as for the Windows 2000 support: all i can say is *sigh*

this one went with me a long way. some Windows 2000 servers were still operational in my workplace until a year or so ago... (until someone had the guts to migrate them.)

:rip:

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

The options in AutoIt3Wrapper are in line with AUT2EXE in the current release..

The documentation of the current release isn't fully up-to-date and the next release will show this in the updated directives.au3 section:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_requestedExecutionLevel=    ;asInvoker, highestAvailable, requireAdministrator or None (remove the trsutInfo section).  Default is the setting from Aut2Exe (asInvoker)
#AutoIt3Wrapper_res_Compatibility=              ;Vista/Windows7/win7/win8/win81 allowed separated by a comma     (Default=Win81)

Jos

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

OK, thanks for the clarification.