Sign in to follow this  
wisem2540

Problem reading event log

#include <EventLog.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
$EventLog = _EventLog__Open("", "Application")
 $aEvent = _EventLog__Read($EventLog)
 _ArrayDisplay ($aEVENT)
    _EventLog__Close($EventLog)

this is very basic.  Although the array returned looks legit, it is not an entry in my Application log.  Im sure I am doing something wrong.  (I usually am) but it almost seems like its looking in the wrong place for logs...for example...

From what I can gather, all logs are located in C:\Windows\System32\WinevtLogs

The one I want to read is ACTUALLY called Microsoft-Windows-PrintService%4Admin, but that was doing the same thing, so i thought I would try something simpler.  I first got the idea that something was wrong when I purposely misspelled the name of the log...something like this...  Microsoft-Windows-PrintServi  and it still returned an array...  Could this be an issue with the UDF?  Maybe has something to do with the fact im using 64bit.  I know sometimes the system32 dir and x64 have fits.  Can someone help me test this?

I am using the latest 3.03.12 with win7 x64. 

I got it working with the application log, however when I try a log with a longer name like Microsoft-Windows-ReadyBoost/Operational, it seems to read something unrelated.

Would this be better accomplished with a DLLcall somehow?  Seems like I remember seeing an example like that somewhere.