Sign in to follow this  
Glarewind

Activating a certain function when a key is pressed.

Glarewind

Good day!

First of all, I would just like to have some disclaimer that I am a student taking up BS Computer Science and It is my first time to approach scripting (AutoIt in particular) because I would like to to study scripting itself, have a brief background about this and of course use this for my own convenience. I'm not sure if this introductory paragraph is necessary but in the first place but whatever. Anyway, I have read the FAQs and did my assignment of searching this but It seems I found nothing exactly answering my query. So here goes:

What I want to happen is that I want to be able to change my default playback device and bind it on one of my keys in my keyboard making it a soft of a hotkey or a macro (or whatever it is called). I have tried searching for autoit codes about this and I found one relevant post:

This post however, does change the default playback but I would have to click it each time. So I'm thinking if this would be possible to lessen the burden of having to click every single time. No problem with me if a process stays in the tray/background as long as 

Any help would be much appreciated!

PS: If I'd be studying a brief about autoit, are tutorials enough as foundation? Thanks!

somdcomputerguy

PS: If I'd be studying a brief about autoit, are tutorials enough as foundation? Thanks!

Reading the Help file once, twice, or a hundred times helps a lot. There is example code for nearly every AutoIt function in there. Browsing thru the Example Scripts forum here and studying code (which is usually well commented) posted there helps as well. In a lot of the members 'signature's are scripts (which is also usually commented well) they have written. Even ask a question here, just make sure that it's in this forum, General Help and Support. Make sure you read the Forum Rules! See, things have changed. Discussions about game bots used to be allowed, now they're not. The AutoIt language has 'grown' (for lack of a better word) over the years, so things that used to work, no longer do.

Welcome.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.