AdminRequired compiled script not working when called from another exe

Hi,

I have a very strange situation and hoping someone can explain what is happening.

I have a compiled au3 script (call it script 1) which has #RequireAdmin.  When I run the compiled script directly from a cmd shell, it works as expected. For example on Win 7 with UAC enabled it receive the prompt to continue running.

If I call the same script from another compiled script, script 1 will not run at all.

What is weirder is that I tested the script calling the other script on another machine in a different forest/domain and it worked.

I know the first thing to look for is some GPO or machine setting, but I'm at a loss as I don't see anything in the domain which would block this.

And, again, script one works fine when called from a "regular" cmd shell, but not from a compiled exe with the same arguments.

Anyone have any pointers or suggestions as to what might be the problem or what is happening?

thanks

• Developers

How do you run Script1 from the second script?

Is the second script running as admin already?

Need more input and preferably some code the demonstrates you problem.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The script that calls script 1 is run as a regular account, just like it is done in the cmd shell.  Script 2 calls script 1 using this command

Run("script1.exe", "", @SW_HIDE)

As I mentioned, it works fine in other domains/forests so it is not the script syntax or the fact that script 2 is calling script 1.    As a matter of fact, we've used this compiled script on different forests/domains without issue.  It appears there is something particular about this one domain or machine but I just can't figure out what it is.