ControlClick issue after unlocking application

Go to solution Solved by blehbloo,

I have an application where I'm successfully able to ControlClick on a button.  This is assuming that I'm logged in to the application and am working.  This is the code

Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.e4c6c4]", "", 10)
Sleep(2000)
ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Internet Explorer_Server1", "left", 1, 716, 94) ;this successfully clicks the button I need

I run into the issue when the Application is locked and I want my script to unlock the application and click a button.  My script enters the password and unlocks the application but the ControlClick no longer registers on the button.  This is the code:

Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.e4c6c4]", "", 10)

Sleep(2000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.e4c6c42", "left", 1, 53, 10) ;this clicks on the password field

Sleep(1200)

ControlSend($hWnd, "", "WindowsForms10.EDIT.app.0.e4c6c42", "password") ;this successfully sends the password text

Sleep(3000)

ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Internet Explorer_Server1", "left", 1, 716, 94) ;this fails to click the button I need

I've beat my head against the wall all day trying to figure this out but I'm not having any luck.

Any ideas?

Edited by blehbloo

• Solution

So this app (name?) is using an embedded IE control? Have you looked at using the _IE functions instead of ControlClick?

I'm not sure of the difference, to be honest.  However, I did just solve it.

For some reason, the first ControlClick just wasn't registering.  What I did was send two ControlClicks, seperated by about 3 seconds, and it works.  Not sure the exact reason behind that.