Edit - A simple text editor

erifash

v1.0.1.2 - Fixed a bug with the auto-indent feature.

v1.0.1.1 - Added font and color chooser plus word wrap.

v1.0.1.0 - Added auto-indent and fixed the comments.

v1.0.0.9 - Fixed a bug with saving.

v1.0.0.8 - Original release.

Much like notepad, Edit is simple, clean, and has some useful programming features. It can create an md5 checksum of the selected text (if you don't select text it will md5 the whole thing) and run the script you typed using AutoIt. Think of it as a really, really portable-mini-scite. This project is open to suggestions for more programming tools and such.

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy Edit! ;)

edit.au3

md5.au3

Edited by erifash

v1.0.0.9 - fixed a small bug with saving

Does anyone like this or have any suggestions for programming tools I can add?

Edited by erifash

Once suggestion I can immediately make is on these:

;##################
;# START GUICTRLS #
;##################

Commenting like that is very tedious to edit/update, you have to change 3 lines. I suggest you do something like this:

;===========================(on to 80 chars)
; Some text here
;===========================(on to 80 chars)

In this situation you only usually have to edit one line.

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Thanks, I have fixed that. ;) I have also added an auto-indent feature that you can toggle on and off in the newest version.

Missing end ) on Line 62

EDIT:Can't seem to get indent to work?

Edited by Insolence
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Yup, forgot about that... Updated.

The auto-indent is automatically turned on when the program starts, it works for me in the compiled and uncompiled scripts. I don't know why it shouldn't work for you. Can you explain a little bit more?

Well, can you explain how I trigger autoindent? ;)

Auto-indent copies the indent you used previously, it isn't triggered by If...Then or For...Next etc...

Just press tab, type some text, then press enter and it will put tab then enter, see?

Thanks, I have added those features and I have also added word wrap. The word wrap doesn't really "wrap" though. Does anyone know why?

uhh how come when i save a file, it adds the entire contents of md5.au3 to the end of the saved file...!?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

i was testing your wordwrap skript..and when you get to the end where its supposed to wrap the text it didnt so i pressed enter and it inserts the whole .au3 skript..

thought you might wanna fix that ;)

[right][font="Courier New"]...Run these streets all day, I can sleep when I die.[/font] [/right]

I am sorry but I cannot reproduce those results in the uncompiled or compiled versions of this script. Can you tell me exactly what you did?

After a bit of testing I found a bug with the clipboard and the auto-indent feature. It would paste what you had on the clipboard if you had auto-indent turned on.

@theguy0000, @B3TA_SCR1PT3R: If you had your AutoIt script copied to the clipboard it would have duplicated it. If this is not the bug then please tell me. Thanks.