Sign in to follow this  
aNewLyfe

Desktop Handle Question

aNewLyfe

I'm trying to make a desktop wallpaper application with video support.

But stuck at z-order.

Any suggestions? How to put autoit window before desktop listview?

I'm currently attaching window to the WorkerW. also tried the $HWND_BOTTOM const of _WinAPI_SetWindowPos but when i apply this, win goes invisible.

no luck yet :) any help will be appreciated

:alien: ~ Every Living Thing is a Code Snippet of World Application ~ :alien:

smartee

hi aNewLyfe, this might be a bit more involved than you anticipated. A quick web search showed me:

DreamScene achieves it. Mysteriously. $$$.

VLC achieves it. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18167/set-a-video-as-your-desktop-wallpaper-with-vlc/

Maybe automate VLC or/with some command line fu? http://superuser.com/questions/678670/starting-vlc-via-command-line-to-play-a-video-as-desktop-wallpaper

These guys made some headway too http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=7440&page=1

That last link asserts that it may not be as simple as window ordering.

This is interesting. Maybe we'll see your implementation in the example scripts section one day?

Good luck.

aNewLyfe

thanks for your great reply and sources :)

yeah, now i see it's not all about z-order.

hi aNewLyfe, this might be a bit more involved than you anticipated. A quick web search showed me:

DreamScene achieves it. Mysteriously. $$$.

VLC achieves it. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18167/set-a-video-as-your-desktop-wallpaper-with-vlc/
Maybe automate VLC or/with some command line fu? http://superuser.com/questions/678670/starting-vlc-via-command-line-to-play-a-video-as-desktop-wallpaper

These guys made some headway too http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=7440&page=1

That last link asserts that it may not be as simple as window ordering.

This is interesting. Maybe we'll see your implementation in the example scripts section one day?

Good luck.

:alien: ~ Every Living Thing is a Code Snippet of World Application ~ :alien:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• b9k
      By b9k
      Hi, I am stuck on a GUI problem and would like your help to solve it.
      I am trying to automate the SoundWire Server app to match my current system volume level while it is minimized to the notification area (so no clicking or stealing focus),
      I can already get the handle and alter the tracker position by sending a WM_SETPOS message, but somehow the actual volume is not changed: I think I need to do something else to trigger the event handler for the value change and propagate it correctly.
      This is the control summary from Au3 info:
      >>>> Window <<<< Title: SoundWire Server Class: #32770 Position: 441, 218 Size: 566, 429 Style: 0x94CA00C4 ExStyle: 0x00050101 Handle: 0x0000000000510E12 >>>> Control <<<< Class: msctls_trackbar32 Instance: 4 ClassnameNN: msctls_trackbar324 Name: Advanced (Class): [CLASS:msctls_trackbar32; INSTANCE:4] ID: 6002 Text: Position: 51, 222 Size: 47, 126 ControlClick Coords: 1, 101 Style: 0x5001000A ExStyle: 0x00000000 Handle: 0x00000000001234C8 >>>> Mouse <<<< Position: 496, 567 Cursor ID: 2 Color: 0xF0F0F0 >>>> StatusBar <<<< >>>> ToolsBar <<<< >>>> Visible Text <<<< Default multimedia device Tray on Start Static Server Address: 192.168.1.8 Status: Connected to B9K~OP3 Audio Output Audio Input Level Record to File Input Select: 44.1 kHz Minimize to Master Volume Mute >>>> Hidden Text <<<< Slider2 Mute OK Cancel Label Balance Slider1 Volume Front L/R Fr C/LFE Side L/R Back L/R
      I am attaching the program in question so you don't have to install it (i don't know if it is portable enough, tough): 

SoundWire Server_files.zip

Thanks in advance and I hope I didn't post in the wrong section
    • copyleft
      By copyleft
      I am trying to create a script to clean up users' desktops by moving all desktop folders and files (except the two hidden "desktop.ini" files and a MyDesktop.lnk shortcut) to a different folder. The script below will move files but not folders. The other issue with the script is that it doesn't seem to execute from a location other than the user's desktop. I would appreciate any suggestions.
      #include <File.au3> MsgBox(64, "Desktop", "Cleaning up Desktop. This box will close in 4 seconds.", 4) $Files = _FileListToArray(@DesktopDir,"*",1) For $Index = 1 To $Files[0] If StringRight($Files[$Index],4) <> ".ini, MyDesktop.lnk" Then FileMove($Files[$Index],'F:\HOME\Desktop') EndIf Next  
    • VITSUSA
      By VITSUSA
      I am using window XP in my desktop, so I want to convert basic disk to a dynamic disk, so how it is possible?
    • lenclstr746
      By lenclstr746
      HELLO GUYS
      I'm a work on a background see and click bot project 
      I can complete it if your help me
      (using imagesearch , gdi+ and  fastfind)
    • Gyba
      By Gyba
      Hello,
      I have the below toolbar which has buttons that are not visible for the Window Info tool.

So, in order to be able to click on those buttons, I searched the forum and found the below script which returns all controls for a given window.
      Now that I know the data of the buttons I tried to use the below commands to click a button.  Without any success  :

;Using the ClassNN ControlClick($HDL, "", "[ClassNN:WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.33c0d9d2]") ; Using the button handle ControlClick($HDL, "", 0x001205E2) ; trying to go through the array and select the desired button #include <Functions.au3> #include <Array.au3> $HDL = WinWait("GNB_L_Ro") WinActivate($HDL) $ControlList = _GetAllWindowsControls($HDL) Sleep(1000) ControlClick($HDL, "", $ControlList[37][2]) _ArrayDisplay($ControlList) ;_GetAllWindowsControls function is defined in Functions.au3 and contains the script from the above link.  Any suggestions on how to click one of those buttons? Any help is more than appreciated.
      Thank you!