SCCM Deployment

CWin85

Hi All,

Have had a search and haven't seen anything that really shows anything similar to issue im having. I have created a script which runs with elevated rights (works fine) and calls from network location (incase we change .exe in future) all of which runs okay if I run manually, I must add most commands are mouse click as we want this to be able to run regardless of if user is working on another program or not. I create an sccm package and deploy as usual however it will not use any Mouse Clicks. Any Ideas?

"I have created a script which runs with elevated rights (works fine) and calls from network location"

One of the least wise decisions MS made, IMHO, when developing XP>on was to make network connections userized. Thus, you can no longer call network resources from an elevated session, unless that session re-establishes its LAN logon. 

The usual workaround is to store a LAN account and password locally so that the admin user can be automatically logged-on to the LAN. The problem is that this creates a security issue, since it is relatively easy to steal the saved password from Protected Storage.

Other workarounds are to store the password in an AutoIt script, or use an alterntaive to UAC.

The account im running is my own as I know it has full permissions to the UAC and to install (only testing at current so in future will create another admin account) so from that regard im pretty happy and confident regards it working.

• Moderators

So on the installation behavior tab you have it set to Install for User, not as Administrator?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!