State of a checkbox

Yet another problem :-/

I did a little script, that prints out a webpage from Firefox. Before doing so, it adjusts the printer's settings. Within these there is a checkbox ('Resize to fit page width'), which I need to be unchecked.

Unfortunately the InfoTools doesn't give controll information for that checkbox, so I can't use the control-functions but instead have to do a mouse click. But how can I tell if that click echecked or unchecked the box?

TIO, PB.

Just as a hunch that this functionality existed, I dicovered that (at least on the checkbox I tried) an "=" will set a checkbox only if it is not set and a "-" will uncheck a box only if it is set.

Hope this helps.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Just as a hunch that this functionality existed, I dicovered that (at least on the checkbox I tried) an "=" will set a checkbox only if it is not set and a "-" will uncheck a box only if it is set.

Hope this helps.

Dale

You mean just send it a - like in Send("-") ?

Thx, I'll give it a try.

Right -- do whatever it takes to give the control focus and then send the character with SEND

Dale

You mean just send it a - like in Send("-") ?

Thx, I'll give it a try.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Right -- do whatever it takes to give the control focus and then send the character with SEND

Dale

Well, it didn't work :-/

I also tried it with the stadard checkboxes (WIndows Explorer etc.) and there it did the job, but not with the checkbox in FF.

I tested with FF V1.5 beta... perhaps it is a new feature. Sorry.

Well, it didn't work :-/

I also tried it with the stadard checkboxes (WIndows Explorer etc.) and there it did the job, but not with the checkbox in FF.

Isn't the checkbox enabled by default? Just send a space...

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Depending on the system/pc I run the script on, this box is enabled/disabled by default ;)

I tested with FF V1.5 beta... perhaps it is a new feature. Sorry.

So it works with the new version of FF? Great, then I'll just have to wait till it goes final.

Thx for your advice anyway, may be usefull in the future :P