Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EndFunc

Command line with spaces in the path

2 posts in this topic

I'm pulling my hair out. This is one of the most problematic things for me is escaping commandline stuff with autoit. Anyway, I keep trying to run this command for back up scheduling and it doesn't recognize my quotes. Unfortunately the path has a space. 

What exactly am I doing wrong?

$iSched = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k ' & '"D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmcutil" inst scheduler /name:"ADSM Scheduler" /node:' & @ComputerName & ' /clientdir:"D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt" /password:' & @ComputerName & ' /validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:yes', "", @SW_SHOW)

I get this error.

'D:program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Nevermind I was able to get it to work using the "Working directory" parameter of runwait. 

$iSched = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /k ' & 'dsmcutil.exe inst scheduler /name:"ADSM Scheduler" /node:' & @ComputerName & ' /clientdir:"D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsm.opt" /password:' & @ComputerName & ' /validate:yes /autostart:yes /startnow:yes', "D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient", @SW_SHOW)
Edited by EndFunc

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.