Sign in to follow this  

Autoit Info Tool question

When I use the Autoit Info Tool on a program I get the above on one of the controls. There are around 15 controls in the program and they all have the above Class id followed by a 1-15. I need a complete count of all the controls in the app that have this class id and then I need to individually list all those controls. I was hoping to get the source of the info tool but it appears that it was written in a language other than autoit.

Edited by computergroove

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Dare I ask how you were "hoping to get the source" and realized "it was written in a language other than autoit"?

There are plenty of EnumChildWindow (_WinAPI_EnumChildWindows) scripts on the forum.  I know I personally have written some.

It's as simple as matching your classname (_WinAPI_GetClassName) to the value your looking for.

I think I did something like:

Might be an Opt for sub windows you might have to add... can't really remember off the top of my head.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.