Scripting for SalesForce via browser

Hi there,

I have been manually uploading files to "WorkSpaces" in SalesForce manually which requires many steps. I am looking for ways whether we can use AutoIt to script these activity so that, the script can pickup files from the local or network folder and post them to the "Work Space" in SalesForce.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

• Moderators

Sure it's possible if you can do it manually.

Sounds like you're in for learning the IE.au3 functions (_IE* functions in help file).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am reviewing the IE.au3 functions. Is there any example to start with so that, I can develop it further?

Unfortuantely, the buttons or controls in SalesForce page is not visible to the Au2Info and hence unable to send any mouse clicks.

Any example would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

• Moderators

The IE.au3 doesn't use "standardized" automation for buttons and such.

It utilizes the COM objects from within the browser (BOM/DOM).

I'm fairly sure there are several examples already in the help file that are going to assist you.  I don't use salesforce, but I've automated uploads for years with it on other sites.

It's going to be a task for you if you're not familiar with the object models, the learning curve so to speak.  Best to work with the examples provided, and get an understanding rather than me code anything specifically for that site for you.

You may want to utilize debugbar when you're ready to help get the id/class/name of the objects you want to interact with.

Start coding, make an honest effort, when you fail, post your failing code and specific questions and you'll be helped along.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.