Simple GUI Form Creation

CrySys

Hi guys - I've been doing some searching and can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for.  First off I'm a total noob and am infatuated with AutoIT. I know there has to be a way to do what I need, but lack the experience to get it started. Ok, enough small talk.  Here is what I would like to accomplish.  I would like to be able to create a form that requires input.  Ultimately I would like to create my own client maintenance form so that as I do work for clients I can simply fill out my form to keep track of the changes I made for each client.  Similar to Google Forms, but it has to be kept offline for client confidentiality (otherwise I would just use Google Forms.)  The absolute dream would be for me to be able to export the data into an Excel sheet once complete.  I hope this makes sense.  I'll do my best for an example below:

1. Enter Client Name / Client ID:_________________

2. Enter new devices added to client scope:_________________

3. Notes related to conversation with client:___________________________________

Button 1-Export to Excel    Button 2-Start New Form

Thats just a small example, but if someone can help me with the framework I would be able to run with it I hope! It would totally be a lifesaver if we can pull this off.  You have always been helpful in the past so I'm hoping someone has the brilliance to get me started again!

Thanks again!!

• Moderators

What have you tried on your own? Below is a very simple framework for a GUI. Why not go through the Help File (look at anything that begins with GUICtrlCreate) and try some things on your own? If you run into issues, feel free to post your code here and we will do what we can to assist.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

GUICreate("Test", 300, 300)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
                ExitLoop
        EndSwitch
    WEnd

GUIDelete()

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!