Control default compiled icon for all exe's?

DrLarch

I've searched and searched on this and haven't found out how to do this - I just want the old behavior back where I get the standard Autoit icon on all my compiled exe's. I realize this was removed but where do I set this and how? I've read various posts including this >one, but would like to control it globally without having to set the icon within each and every script via #pragma compile(Icon, ICONPATH)). And yeah, I still want to be able to get custom icons if needed via the compiler or wrapper.

Thanks.

If you don't want to put the #pragma statement in the script yourself, you can always use a template like I use >here.

• Developers

So you're saying that there is no way to get the old functionality back (and somehow this is an improvement exactly how?) without having to resort to a templates?!

This has been a design decision and can't see the purpose of the discussion/questions.

When you want your own Icon than use the #pragma or #AutoIt3Wrapper directives to set it to what you want.

You can set the default in AutoIt3Wrapper.ini with:

[AutoIt]
icon=Iconfile

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Ok, sorry, had to change my response - that's what I was looking for - the AutoIt3Wrapper.ini. Maybe I just wasn't using the right search terms, but the posts I found failed to mention anything regarding this, and I'm not finding any mention within the help file as well. Obviously I missed this change in handling of icons (don't have lots of time to spend on the forums), but shouldn't such a change that impacts the Windows GUI be in the AutoIt Help at least?

I'm thinking this is simply due to an understandable disconnect between developers and the average user - developers as a matter of course, know where every possible control is located and making a design decision that moves the control somewhere else is probably routine. But to someone such as myself, this was a puzzling change which modified default behavior that I'd know for years and tucked it away in an obscure ini file under the SciTE directory (not somewhere under Aut2Exe which was my first guess). But then again, I don't usually have the time to read all change logs thoroughly.

Edited by DrLarch

• Developers

I have actually deliberately stop advertising the AutoIt3Wrapper.ini and Scriptfilename.ini options after implementing the directives option in AutoIt3Wrapper, as my intent at the time was to phase it out over time, but it is still nicely described in the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile. Just check out the Autoit3Wrapper page.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)