GUICtrlSendMsg to a control in a childwindow

jorgev

Hello,

_WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($ID_PicControl, $STM_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBitmap))

The above line of pseudo code will modify the piccontrol image, only if the piccontrol resides on a main/parent gui window.

Is there a workaround so we can receive GUICtrlSendMsg messages on all, or on a specified, child window?

I have found my error. silly, the piccontrol on my childwindow was not receiving the message(bitmap) because i defined it as a label !!!

I was mislead in my search by info on https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms644950%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

SendMessage function

Parameters
hWnd [in]
Type: HWND
A handle to the window whose window procedure will receive the message. 
If this parameter is HWND_BROADCAST ((HWND)0xffff), the message is sent to all top-level windows in the system, 
including disabled or invisible unowned windows, overlapped windows, and pop-up windows; but the message is not sent to child windows.

So i thought it had something to do with the fact that the standard sendmessage function does not send messages to child windows, but that is'nt the case for autoit's GUICtrlSendMsg.

Sorry for that