One time only

I have a script that opens up a number of programs when it is first run, e.g. Microsoft Excel etc...

But because I am constantly testing my script and doing other things I am stopping it quite a lot. And everytime I restart it, it annoys me by asking for the title of the excel file etc... whihc are already open from the first time I started my script.

Therefore I was wondering if there was a way of having a part of my script which triggers the first time that the script is used but then not each time I restart it. Or even better, if I could specify which times to use it, so every five times it would show the input box (that asks which Excel file) but not the others????

Thanks

Mark

P.S. If this doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll try and make things clearer, I really appreciate all your help!!

I have a script that opens up a number of programs when it is first run, e.g. Microsoft Excel etc...

But because I am constantly testing my script and doing other things I am stopping it quite a lot. And everytime I restart it, it annoys me by asking for the title of the excel file etc... whihc are already open from the first time I started my script.

Therefore I was wondering if there was a way of having a part of my script which triggers the first time that the script is used but then not each time I restart it. Or even better, if I could specify which times to use it, so every five times it would show the input box (that asks which Excel file) but not the others????

Thanks

Mark

P.S. If this doesn't make sense then let me know and I'll try and make things clearer, I really appreciate all your help!!

Before starting Excel it could check to see if it is already active and if it is do not start it.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother