Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CygnusX1

Call Tips for Variables?

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hey, 

Happy Friday from Boulder CO.

In my automation setup I have a Test Case file which contains oddly enough test cases and functions specific to those test case. A function file that contains utility Functions and a Variables file which contains variables to be shared across multiple other files. Rhetorical question: Is this a good setup? I don't know it works for me.

Sometimes when I'm writing a test case I remember, "hey, I have a variable I could use here it something like $sEntity... but I have several variables that start with $sEntity. It's at the point I'd like to have a Call Tip pop up and show me all the variables starting with $sEntity and what their value is, instead of having to open the Variables file and do a search for $sEntity.

Is there such a way to do this, like the way to create Call Tips for my own functions?

I looked around here and The Interwebs. I didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by CygnusX1

Cygnus

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Add the list of variable names to your "au3.user.calltips.api" located in %localAppData%AutoIt v3SciTE".

One per line.

This assumes you have the full version installed of SciTE4AutoIt3.

The dropdown autocomplete window should automatically show up when you typed the 3rd character.

Jos :)

Edited by Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Brilliant!!

Thank you.

Cygnus