Unable to execute the external program

jguy

I am using AutoIT to automate the installation process of installing an application. I have created a self extracting zip file that once it upzips it installs the application and answers the questions to complete the installation process.

I am pushing the self-extracting zip file to a network computer using Languard Security Scanner to deploy a custom application. The program will copy to the network computer, unzip the file in the appropriate directory and kick off the AutoIT executable. I then get the following error on the network computer.

Unable to execute the external program

Access denied

I can execute the AutoIT executable on the remote computer from the files I sent to it through remote control with no errors.

I am using the RunSetAs to execute the program as an administrator and again once the program is on the remote computer I can execute the program without any problems.

Any suggestions?

The program will copy to the network computer, unzip the file in the appropriate directory and kick off the AutoIT executable.

First, are you sure the AutoIT exec is running? If so, under what permissions is it running? If you don't know, or are not sure, you might want to try deploying the AutoIT app via Sysinternals PSexec.exe. PSexec lets you enter the username and password of an authorized account. I posted a thread recently about using PSexec to do a trivial screen capture, but you might want to use it for your app. Search on "psexec"
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

First, are you sure the AutoIT exec is running? If so, under what permissions is it running? If you don't know, or are not sure, you might want to try deploying the AutoIT app via Sysinternals PSexec.exe. PSexec lets you enter the username and password of an authorized account. I posted a thread recently about using PSexec to do a trivial screen capture, but you might want to use it for your app. Search on "psexec"

I can watch the AutoIT exec kick off on the remote computer by using remote control. The error I am getting is in an AutoIT Error popup box on the remote computer.

I am assuming it is running under the administrator account. I have tested the AutoIT exec, through an administrator and a user account on the remote computer, both work. The RunSetAs command is included in the AutoIT exec.

I wonder if the problem could be a timing issue, i.e., the executable isn't unzipped before you try to run it.

You might check MsgBox(4096,"debug",FileExists(.....

You might need to change any Run statements to RunWait's

or add a loop

While Not FileExists(...)

sleep(100)

WEnd

Hope that helps

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!