Small download tool

markusss

Added! :o

Can be found here: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/tdlrali/Downloader/

Didn't feel like adding the stuff Valuater suggested, was too lazy^^ But thanks anyway, will get on it soon!

(I know it takes only a few mins, but ..........) B)

Felix N. (tdlrali)

Added! :graduated:

Can be found here: http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/tdlrali/Downloader/

Didn't feel like adding the stuff Valuater suggested, was too lazy^^ But thanks anyway, will get on it soon!

(I know it takes only a few mins, but ..........) :o

Felix N. (tdlrali)

Just got your update. I will check it out...

Cheers.. B)

Ok,added the stuff Valuater recommended! B)

Files can be found (as always^^) in http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/tdlrali/Downloader/

BTW, it was about time for a new screenshot^^

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/tdlrali/Downloader/ssofdownloader108.jpg

Please reply! Suggestions and criticism welcome!

HF

Felix N. (tdlrali)

Edited by Felix N.

Hmm, did you download the new _Functions.au3 file? I added the _Done function there and it works for me.

If it still doesn't work for you, check out the compiled version Downloader.exe, if that doesn't work either than somethings wrong^^

Strange...

Felix N. (tdlrali)

Edited by Felix N.

Hmm, did you download the new _Functions.au3 file? I added the _Done function there and it works for me.

If it still doesn't work for you, check out the compiled version Downloader.exe, if that doesn't work either than somethings wrong^^

Strange...

Felix N. (tdlrali)

@Felix, nice adds and all works great. I have been busy doing other things otherwise I would be adding a few more things to you script. I hope to do so this weekend. Just got one customer to take care of in the morning and the rest is free time *Wahooo* B)

Cheers.. :o

Really nice script man, I use it at school to download stuff (network settings won't get us download *.mp3, *.exe, *.zip files, or *.msi files. With this, I can download anything at school B). I added some stuff to it but I can't post it now as I am at my friends house. Basically I made it run in the background when windows boots up, I added an menu that allows you to shutdown computer after download is done (power saver) and disconnect from the internet after download is done (for 56k people). Apart from this, I'm also working on four additions:

1. Making a tabbed gui for multiple downloads (so you don't have to run multiple instances for multiple files)

2. Adding a hotkey for downloading links when the app is running (example, pressing ctrl+<key>+left mouse will start downloading clicked link in the downloader app

3. Allowing you to run a file from it's current location (i.e. adding to temp folder) and running

4. Download logging (download URL and saved file location saved to a *.txt or *.html file)

Edited by Kardus

Really nice script man, I use it at school to download stuff (network settings won't get us download *.mp3, *.exe, *.zip files, or *.msi files. With this, I can download anything at school :D. I added some stuff to it but I can't post it now as I am at my friends house. Basically I made it run in the background when windows boots up, I added an menu that allows you to shutdown computer after download is done (power saver) and disconnect from the internet after download is done (for 56k people). Apart from this, I'm also working on four additions:

1. Making a tabbed gui for multiple downloads (so you don't have to run multiple instances for multiple files)

2. Adding a hotkey for downloading links when the app is running (example, pressing ctrl+<key>+left mouse will start downloading clicked link in the downloader app

3. Allowing you to run a file from it's current location (i.e. adding to temp folder) and running

4. Download logging (download URL and saved file location saved to a *.txt or *.html file)

@Kardus, it will be interesting to see how you are going to implement these features.. Bring it on!! B) I would like to test it.. :)

BTW, I like the feature regarding the dial-up users.. :o

Cheers.. :graduated:

Does anyone know of commands to disconnect your connection (for 56k people)? I originally made it open IE, go to the file menu, disconnect, and then close IE, but this method is very 'stupid', in my opinion. Are there any keyboard shortcuts (win xp) or any UDF's I can add to make it disconnect without opening another program? It's not that hard to implement, but it's hard to test as I don't have dial-up internet.

Edited by Kardus

Does anyone know of commands to disconnect your connection (for 56k people)? I originally made it open IE, go to the file menu, disconnect, and then close IE, but this method is very 'stupid', in my opinion. Are there any keyboard shortcuts (win xp) or any UDF's I can add to make it disconnect without opening another program? It's not that had to implement, but it's hard to test as I don't have dial-up internet.

I would possibly be closing the browser before killing the connection, just in case it is tempted to restart the connection.

Search the forums for RASDIAL - your solution was posted in the last day or so.

Ah! RASDIAL.exe, almost forgot about that (been ages since I ever used a pc with dialup). Rasdial only works with 2000/XP, correct? After searching, I got this:

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & "RASDIAL.EXE /DISCONNECT")

I ran it, said no connections present or something like that (obviously because I'm using cable). I'd appreciate it if someone could try this out (on a dial-up connection), and tell me if it disconnected or not...

Thanks.

EDIT:

I'm really buusy right now with a paper for school, so much of the add-ons will be implemented in the middle of the coming week. I was originally going to add 4-5 tabs (for 4 - 5 different downloads), but I'm not sure how many you guys would want/need. Opinions please! Would 4-5 suffice? I don't want the program to increase substantially in file size or eat tons of ram, since I'm adding an optional feature to run it at startup.

Edited by Kardus

Sorry, i don't have dial-up, i have cable too!

About the tabs, i thought about having a main window that shows all current downloads, instead of making 5 tabs in a window that small... I'll start on it sometime next week, gotta write a 5+ page essay! (That really sux, i know B) )

Im interested in the

function, looking forward to see that!

BTW, thanks for all the posts and improving my script!

Felix N.

Okay, you work on the multiple download display and I'll work on the hotkey/other stuff. I also have to write an essay, I'm only page 12 of an estimated 26-page document B) (that I gotta finish by tuesday morning). It's really pissing me off because I also have to finish reading a 1000 page book to finish the report (I'm only on page 250 LOL). Minus the time I have at school tomorrow, I have barely anytime to finish it. Anyways, I better get back to work. I'm looking forward to the multiple download thing; I think it would be best to implement my features after that's done.

Also...has anyone tested the disconnect thing...?

EDIT: Upon thinking, this finished project (with all these ideas implemented) would actually make a great download manager. I've noticed that this uses less ram than windows' default downloader, and since the compiled EXE would be a decently small file, it would be great to run in the background when windows boots up. When packaged up with an installer (that would edit registry stuff/extract app), this could actually be an excellent replacement for windows' traditional downloader that's very user friendly. Just somthing to think about. :o .....back to my essay lol

Edited by Kardus

Also as a suggestion for the GUI, maybe add a top menu (file, view [i.e. bigger font, view download logs], tools, help). It looks a little more 'professional', and apart from a familiar environment, it makes sure that your GUI is less cluttered (since all these functions are planning to be added).

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...