Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I started this project alone in May 2020 as project in my spare time at work, I'm working for a IT compagny that's started opening their services to residential customers few months ago and now my position in the company kinda drifted in the doom and gloom world of repetitive tasks like: Reinstallation of Windows 10.
The procedure is very repetitive and I started feeling like being a robot which is the main reason I started this project.
1. Q: Do you want this project to be accomplished with the usage of AutoIT ONLY or 3rd party tools / Scripts (BAT / CMD / VBS) ? A: No, if I cannot find a way using AutoIT to accomplish a task I will move to my Plan B which consist of automating an 3rd party tool to accomplish the affected task until a solution is found. 2. Q: What do I get from helping/collaborating in this project? A: I will personally take the responsability to mention you in the credits of this project. 3. Q: If I have more questions, can I ask? A: Certainly! feel free to ask any questions related to this project! 4. Q: What is the main goal of this project? A: Automating Windows 10 configuration without user interaction needed (as much as possible) ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Current progression of the project (more might be added in future)
« Blue = Info || Yellow = Unfinished/Untested || Purple = Could be better || Green = Done ||Red = Not Yet Started »
*** Very early Stage ***
Connect Network Attached Storage(NAS) (Tested & Working - AutoIT only)
Install Adobe Reader DC, 7zip, Google Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
Change OEM Information (Tested & Working - contains both AutoIT version and CMD script)
Disable ScreenSaver (Require testing AutoIT only)
Change Computer Name (Require testing AutoIT only)
Change Default Browser (Work - using 3rd party tool)
Change .pdf / .pdfxml from Edge to Adobe Reader DC (AutoIT only)
Change Edge to Google Chrome as Default Browser (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
Windows Updates (Currently working on it - AutoIT only)
Activate Office (Tested on 2010 & Working - CMD Script)
Pin to taskbar Excel, Outlook, Word, Chrome (Tested & Working - using 3rd party tool)
GUI currently featuring the following options
- TreeView to check case of desired tasks
- Redirect ConsoleWrite with timestamp messages in richedit (errors shown in red text)
*** To Do ***
- Read informations needed for tasks like: OEM, ComputerName, NAS user/password etc... from a file
- ListView for Windows Updates
- Probably more
*** If this project interest you, Reply here This will greatly help me to see if you'd like this project to become real ***
2020.09.21 Update: Since this topic reached over 200+ views without a single interest shown by community, pm me and i'll share with you W10 Configurator script
I have a set of excel docs 1& 2
1) In Excel 1 i have a fixed column called dimensionId that contains list of dimensionid's with in between empty cells.
Here, For each dimesionId, i need to check corresponding columns of L,M,N ,O(senior, mid, junior, student) & check If they contain letter Y (Open excel 2) and if empty ignore,check next.
I need to loop through the entire column of dimensionId one by one, please help me proceed with the logic.
2) If letter Y exists, open excel 2 and check if same dimesionId exists in column A.
New to autoit excel automation, Help me with logic to execute this.
Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, "D:\yta\Trial concept dimensions list.xlsx")
Local $read1 = _Excel_RangeRead ($oWorkbook,Default,"C3")
Attached exce 1 doc.
I am new to this AUTO IT and I have created a script that will open an app,enter pin and copy the code generated to clipboard. My java code call this autoIT script and use the copied generated code from clipboard.
This works fine when server window is on focus. My server is an windows server.
But when I minimize or disconnect the server, the script opens the app.exe but doesn't copy any value to clipboard.
Can anyone help me on this 😐
Run("C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Software Token\SecurID.exe")
Local $hWnd=WinWait("abc - RSA SecurID Token") ; waits until the window is the active window
$hWin = WinGetHandle("abc - RSA SecurID Token");
ControlSend($hWnd,"","","1111") ; simulates pressing the Home key