Strange interfernce in my PC

Hello,

I work on Windows 7 and lately I have been using AutoIt to help me in some of the most annoying, repetitive and boring tasks I have to do, so big thank you to all for helping me get through it.

Anyway, I had 8 Gb of DDR3 RAM installed, but one of them failed and I had to remove it, with only 4 Gb my PC barely makes it with the tasks I need so I though I will disable some graphic features from Windows 7 to free some memory, it was full at 96%. When I put the display to the basic windows desktop, you know the old one from the 90s era, I have only 87% of memory full but my AutoIT script stops working with it, also some plugins in Chromium stop working too. I tried disabling and enabling the enhanced desktop graphics, with the same results, when it's on everything works fine, when it's off AutoIT and the plugins stop working, any developper could have some explanation to why this happens ?

• Developers

Hello,

I work on Windows 7 and lately I have been using AutoIt to help me in some of the most annoying, repetitive and boring tasks I have to do, so big thank you to all for helping me get through it.

Anyway, I had 8 Gb of DDR3 RAM installed, but one of them failed and I had to remove it, with only 4 Gb my PC barely makes it with the tasks I need so I though I will disable some graphic features from Windows 7 to free some memory, it was full at 96%. When I put the display to the basic windows desktop, you know the old one from the 90s era, I have only 87% of memory full but my AutoIT script stops working with it, also some plugins in Chromium stop working too. I tried disabling and enabling the enhanced desktop graphics, with the same results, when it's on everything works fine, when it's off AutoIT and the plugins stop working, any developper could have some explanation to why this pens ?

Maybe you could tell us a little more about what kind of functions are is failing else it will be come a guessing game with off-the-wall answers llkeTD was kind enough to demonstrate already? :)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

OP, is kind of hard to us guess what is happening, clean ram's contact pins with alcohol or a eraser and place them to see if everything is running ok.

Go to eventvwr.msc and check for system critical errors ;)

Heroes, there is no such thing

One day I'll discover what IE.au3 has of special for so many users using it.
C'mon there's InetRead and WinHTTP, way better
happy.png

If insufficient memory is the problem, try using msconfig to keep programs you don't need running from starting at boot up.  Better yet, download Autoruns and disable a ton of stuff, but if you don't know what it is, don't disable it from running at startup. You can Google processes and find out what's unnecessary.  Alternately, you could just use task manager to disable unnecessary tasks, but that would only be for the current session.  Best bet is to install some more memory and be done with it (if it's a memory issue.)

Good luck.

_aleph_

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(