Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ViciousXUSMC

RegEnum Help

1 post in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I put together what looks to be a working script, I just wanted to post what I have and have some better script writings look it over to give the thumbs up or thumbs down as to how I put it together and if there was a better/smarter way to share it with me so I can learn.

Background:

There is a bug for the Intel i217and i218 NIC that causes the duplex to mismatch on our systems. I found an official Intel tool to fix the problem and it has a bit of info about it as well: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20585/Intel-R-LAN-Driver-82579-I217-and-I218-Link-Negotiation-Process-Parameter-Change-Utility-for-Windows

Today I was approached that we have some computers in the field that are on Auto that need to be changed to 100/Full so I looked into fixing that via a registry change.

While at it I wanted to go ahead and find a way to set my speed/duplex and fix the intel issue in one go.

I found that my Registry keys are not completly static, a HP computer may have the intel adapter in CurrentControlSetIDXXXX007 while Dell may have CurrentControlSetIDXXX011.

I found my best common ground is to look at the value of CurrentControlSetIDXXX00XDriverDesc and look for the intel adapter name, and then I can use that as the basis to apply my changes.

So I needed a double loop. One to loop through the controlset key values, and another to go through the actual keys.

I think since I knew a specific key I was looking for I could have worked with RegRead and skipped RegEnumVal but since the script was still blink of an eye fast I kept it working this way.

The Code:

#RequireAdmin

Global $sKeyName = ""
Global $sHKLM = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"
If StringinStr(@OSArch, "64") Then $sHKLM &= "64"

For $i = 0 To 20
    For $i2 = 1 To 100
    $sVal = $sHKLM & "\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\00" & StringFormat("%02d", $i) & "\"
    $sKeyName = RegEnumVal($sVal, $i2)
    If @Error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
    If StringinStr(RegRead($sVal, $sKeyName), "I217-LM") Then
        ;MsgBox(0, "", "Found Key")
        ;Key to force 100/Full Duplex
        RegWrite($sVal,"*SpeedDuplex", "REG_SZ", "4")
        ;Key to fix duplex negotiation
        RegWrite($sVal, "LinkNegotiationProcess", "REG_SZ", "2")
    EndIf
    ;Debug See Current Values in Loop
    ;MsgBox(0, "", $sVal & $sKeyName)
    Next
Next
Edited by ViciousXUSMC