testing WPF

sqa

• Moderators

sqa, do you really believe anyone will be able to answer your question with that amount of info? How about you share:

• What the WPF app is doing
  • What you want to automate within it
  • What you have tried on your own.
  • What specific problems you're running into.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

hm, never thought about it, OK, let me try to be little bit more specific

1. this is a UI based application with a main dialog and buttons on it, pressing these buttons opens new forms in the main dialog or out of it.

Pressing buttons on that forms you can add some objects like new printers with their properties that user can edit. Text boxes with data in.

So pretty much that's it.

that's why if it would be a regular Windows app I wouldn't have problems with it using AutoIt, but developers desided to make it look "cool" and used

WPF.

In this case:

2. AutoIt Info doesn't work at all and I have to try Snoop tool and in this tool I found that controls represented in the different way then for regular Windows apps.

That's why I am asking if somebody already has a such experience and can give an advice (any kind advice) because it is my first try.

• Moderators

You mentioned "snoop tool". Are you using the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt), or another tool? Try the AutoIt Window Info Tool; does it return any information for you about the window or the controls contained within?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

• Moderators

Have you looked at the IUAutomation thread in the examples file? I believe there are some posts concerning WPF apps.