Selecting Options in Cascading Combo Boxes

Hello!

I am trying to automate the selecting of combo box choices in a 3rd party app. When an option is chosen for combo box 1 by a user, combo box 2 loads a set of choices. 

Problem: 

When AutoIt selects an option for combo box 1, combo box 2 options are not loaded.

I am using _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel

I am thinking that the 3rd party app may be dependent on mouse clicks, but I'm not sure how to mouse-click an option from a dropdown menu using AutoIt.

Any help or thoughts would be much appreciated!

Ive had luck in the past with 3rd party apps and mouse clicking buttons. I got around it with ControlClick then MouseClick on top of that. Perpaps try ControlClick on the combobox, then _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel? Understandably the automation speed might not be quite as fast but.... thats my thoughts.

• Moderators

How about sharing what the 3rd party app is, or a screen shot? Also what do you see regarding the combo boxes when you use the AutoIt Window Info Tool?

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Ive had luck in the past with 3rd party apps and mouse clicking buttons. I got around it with ControlClick then MouseClick on top of that. Perpaps try ControlClick on the combobox, then _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCurSel? Understandably the automation speed might not be quite as fast but.... thats my thoughts.

​No luck - good suggestion though! The ControlClick successfully gets the drop-down menu, but then _GuiCtrlComboBox_SetCurSel doesn't work. If only there was a way to click options in the drop-down... 

How about sharing what the 3rd party app is, or a screen shot? Also what do you see regarding the combo boxes when you use the AutoIt Window Info Tool?

The program gets data (perhaps the second combo box data) from somewhere on the network. Both combo boxes are of class: WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.2bf8098_r13. Thanks for your thoughts on this problem given the little bit of information.