SQLite semi Embedded database functionality in AutoIt

ptrex

@picasso

Tested !! Everything runs fine now !! Great job, Thanks.

I my first post I added a 'TO DO' list. This list came from your previous posts.

Everything seems to be finished. Is this correct ?

Could you review this so that all visitors know what the status is at the moment.

If there are open items please let me know, so I wil add them.

Thanks again. B)

PS: I hope that your SQLite.au3 could be added as a standard UDF in the AutoIT distribution.

One thing is not clear to me is can we include the sqlite3.dll in the AutoIt setup?

Does the distribution of such package can be only dowloaded by the user itself?

@jpm

One thing is not clear to me is can we include the sqlite3.dll in the AutoIt setup?

It is very easy to include this in the AutoIT setup. It's just 1 sqlite.dll to add on.

This could be put somewhere in the BETA folder of the AutoIT3 folders.

The SQLite.au3 goes into the includes folder.

And that' s about it.

The only thing that needs to be set in the SQLite.au3 is the path to the SQLite.DLL folder (if the DLL is not in the Windows\System32 folder)

The user can of course download everything themselves, but why not supply everything whith it. B)

@jpm

It is very easy to include this in the AutoIT setup. It's just 1 sqlite.dll to add on.

This could be put somewhere in the BETA folder of the AutoIT3 folders.

The SQLite.au3 goes into the includes folder.

And that' s about it.

The only thing that needs to be set in the SQLite.au3 is the path to the SQLite.DLL folder (if the DLL is not in the Windows\System32 folder)

The user can of course download everything themselves, but why not supply everything whith it. B)

my question was from legal standpoint, some copyright to be included ...

if it is really free we can solve the path by installing the default sqlite3.dll in the autoit->extra dir :o

@jpm

my question was from legal standpoint

SQLite Copyright

The original author of SQLite has dedicated the code to the public domain. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute the original SQLite code, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commerical or non-commerical, and by any means.

If you want to read to full story

http://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html

I hope this clears out the legal issues for distributing the DLL with AutoIT. B)

implemented safemode partly, only db handles are monitored.

query handles will be monitored after functions for maual reset/finalize are made...

can be turned off (and on) again using

_SQLite_SaveMode(False)

Whoever can produce a crash with wrong db handles and postes the code gets a cookie B)

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

it pretty nice! and i think you idea to implement to autoit is nice! because it bring efficient database server to small buisness without heavy cost!

and because autoit it the only language i know! and im not very experimented with dllcall() or objcreate()!

again nice job!

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.

it pretty nice! and i think you idea to implement to autoit is nice! because it bring efficient database server to small buisness without heavy cost!

its no database server just database functionality, and since everything is free there are no costs at all B)

again nice job!

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

@picasso

I reviewed you last version and tested it against some examples.

I ran all the way !!!! Very nice job picasso :o

I think this version is ready to become a standard UDF B)

PS: One question left. You removed the Exec "COMMIT".

Where does this have to fit into when creating a application. Does the developer have to build in the commit himselve (which is fine for me) ?

Can you give us some more explenation about this.

Thanks

New version 4.5 of the SQLite_GUI is available in post #1

- Added Icons to the TreeView

- Added Close Database in Menu

- Added Advanced View TAB (with a lot of parameters to set)

READ THE SQLite documentation before using - See Syntax PRAGMA statement)

- Added more datatypes

- Miscelanious Bug fixes

Still a lot to add before it's finished B)

Edited by ptrex

I reviewed you last version and tested it against some examples.

I ran all the way !!!! Very nice job picasso :graduated:

I think this version is ready to become a standard UDF B)

... still needs doc's and more samples

PS: One question left. You removed the Exec "COMMIT".

Where does this have to fit into when creating a application. Does the developer have to build in the commit himselve (which is fine for me) ?

Can you give us some more explenation about this.

Thanks

COMMITing is as easy as
_SQLite_QueryNoResult(-1,"COMMIT")
_SQLite_QueryNoResult() also handles $SQLITE_BUSY issues

Could you please update your 1'st post.

Everything is done exept Doc's & Samples

and maybe make a poll out of it, if people want it as standard udf...

i dont know... you decide, its your thread :o

thanks

@picasso

Very nice job again !! :o

_SQLite_QueryNoResult(-1,"COMMIT")

Propably the documentation will prevent questions like mine,regarding the "COMMIT" B)

I ran some tests and no errors so far.

One REMARK. When you uploaded the ZIP, with the latest version and examples. I noticed that you included the SQLite3.DLL which is 120 Kb large.

The lastest version 3.2.7 is of a different size. See download page http://www.sqlite.org/download.html

Maybe it's wise to test against the latest DLL.

PS:

- I updated the to do list

- I am willing to set up a poll but I need to figure out how to do this in this forum. Anyone who can point me out whrere to start, let me know.

@picasso

I think I am not authorized to set up a poll for voting for a standard UDF SQLite.au3

I think we will have to ask JPM to do this for us.

I don't think I can change an already started topic but you can start a new one with a voting action B)

i do not know is some have a idea, or knowing someone who code in python!

Because! i have a database made with pySQlite3 it is SQLite For python! my probleme! is i can't access this database with original SQLite call! python do something i don't know!

i send you a example database, who work very well on my XBOX with python scripting! but unable to access it on my PC with any database viewer! if i open the file with a HEX editor i can see is in SQLite3 and all my data.

thx in advance!

MyMusic6.rar

GreenseedMCSE+I, CCNA, A+Canada, QuebecMake Love Around You.