SQLite semi Embedded database functionality in AutoIt

ptrex

Sqlite Version 3.3.5

JPM's changes (thanks for fixing that typo :) )

SQLite.zip

... sorry had no time to run big tests, if somethings broke get version 3.3.4 from sqlite.org :D

@ptrex

if you want to help, your welcome :(

look inside /doc (in the archive), i already started to write doc's

@jpm

did you find something interesting in your debug sessions?

... like bugs

i cant remember somebody ever reportet a serious one, this cant be true...

@JSThePatriot

jep, more code...

CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

• Moderators

@picasso

I looked at the documentation folder.

Can you tell me what rules or standards are applied to make the documentation ?

Where can I find these ?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6853

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sqlite Version 3.3.5

JPM's changes (thanks for fixing that typo :) )

SQLite.zip

... sorry had no time to run big tests, if somethings broke get version 3.3.4 from sqlite.org :D

@ptrex

if you want to help, your welcome :(

look inside /doc (in the archive), i already started to write doc's

@jpm

did you find something interesting in your debug sessions?

... like bugs

i cant remember somebody ever reportet a serious one, this cant be true...

@JSThePatriot

jep, more code...

no bug just nonregression is perfect.

I am interested on what could have change from sqlite3.dll stand point :oops:

This is copied directly from the helpfile, and will not run on my system :) I have the latest beta .124. The includes are in all the correct places I used the .exe to upgrade.

Well now I am getting the same error, but the actual function is no longer showing up in the includes or helpfile! GRR...

I am going to try your version JPM someone hasnt kept up with the _GUITree*() functions.

Thanks,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

This is copied directly from the helpfile, and will not run on my system :) I have the latest beta .124. The includes are in all the correct places I used the .exe to upgrade.

Well now I am getting the same error, but the actual function is no longer showing up in the includes or helpfile! GRR...

I am going to try your version JPM someone hasnt kept up with the _GUITree*() functions.

Thanks,

JS

My version is not a different version for those using the beta AutoIt3.exe. :(

@JSThePatriot

If you don' t show us the Errors you get from SciTE, than we can' t help ?!

It' s a small effort to press CTRL+C and than CTRL+V, isn't it ?

ptrex

I have stated the exact error... Function not valid. Not to mention I have stated the function isnt showing up in the includes like I had seen it before. There for SciTE is correct in the function not being valid.

I would appreciate you not getting smart with me. I am not a noob.

Now is there trouble? Yes. Can I figure it out? Possibly. Will I request your help? This all depends on how much I figure out on my own. ATM I dont have time to debug this.

I am going to finish the GUI for my program and then work on getting SQLite integrated into my app.

If you would like... do a search for the exact function I posted. Its no longer there. Now it was in the previous version, so my Includes were obviously old, but there must have been a typo, now that it is completely gone from my includes there is obviously another issue of which as stated above I will check into on my own and let you know when I have a problem.

I do appreciate your willingness and eagerness to help, but I dont the sarcasim.

Thanks again,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

@JSThePatriot

Looking at your date of registration, I could figure out myself that you're not a NOOB !!

There is no sarcasim involved, only the willingness and (less ??) eagerness remains. :)

My apologies. I didnt mean to jump the gun. (my registration date really doenst have anything to do with it though) :(

I have alot going right now... in my personal and professional life I took it out towards you and I do apologize. I will let you know ASAP whats going on exactly.

What is the difference between your version and JPM's? Just some debug abilities?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

_SQLite_SQLiteExe() now Creates nonexistend Directory's

Fixed SyntaxCheck Warnings (_SQLite_GetTable2d())

SQLite.zip

@JSThePatriot

(I think) JPM is using a Debug Build of the Latest Beta...

Are you sure you dont want '_GUICtrlTreeViewGetTree()' instead ?

Edited by piccaso
CoProc Multi Process Helper libraryTrashBin.nfshost.com store your AutoIt related files here!AutoIt User Map

@JSThePatriot

I have alot going right now...

I know the feeling :)

OK. The difference between my version and the one from @picasso (and @jpm) is this :

A. My version uses a COM object (that is a SQLite Wrapper). This means that ones you have the COM DLL registered (via regsvr32 ) you don't need the actual SQLite DLL to work with a DB.

Pro :

- You can use the COM inferface, which is supported in the AutoIT Beta.

- Easier to handle and program than DLLCall.

Contra :

- There is no update of the COM wrapper (at the moment uses SQLite 3.1.5 ?). This means that at the moment SQLite is at version 3.3.5, so you will miss some features and bugfixes.

- The SQL syntax is not in line with the standard SQLite DLL

B. The version of @picasso/jpm

- Pro/contra is of course the opposite of my version.

- But since @picasso wrote an nice UDF to overcome the complicated DLLCall, this is definitely the best way to go.

C. Beware :

That if you create databases with one or the other version of SQLite, that they might not be compatible !! This means a DB created with 3.3.5 can not be read by 3.1.x, and I am not sure about the other way around.

The GUI's created by me or by @picasso are not compatible. I am still planning to make my GUI's based on @picasso' s UDF.

But I will first focus on helping him with the documentation, which seems to be more complex than writing code at first glance :(

_SQLite_SQLiteExe() now Creates nonexistend Directory's

Fixed SyntaxCheck Warnings (_SQLite_GetTable2d())

SQLite.zip

@JSThePatriot

(I think) JPM is using a Debug Build of the Latest Beta...

Are you sure you dont want '_GUICtrlTreeViewGetTree()' instead ?

I may, I dont know. I rarely use includes other than GUIConstants.au3. :)

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Jarvis\My Documents\AutoIt\FileRename-Search\SQLite_GUI.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check (1.54.1.1) params: from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta

C:\Documents and Settings\Jarvis\My Documents\AutoIt\FileRename-Search\SQLite_GUI.au3(548,63) : ERROR: _GUICtrlTreeViewItemGetTree(): undefined function.

$ItemID = _GUICtrlTreeViewItemGetTree ($GUIText, $TreeDB, "|")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\Jarvis\My Documents\AutoIt\FileRename-Search\SQLite_GUI.au3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

!>AU3Check ended.rc:2

>Exit code: 0 Time: 14.345

The above is my error...

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

@JSThePatriot

OK, now I see what you are talking about.

Like said earlier in some replies the function "_GUICtrlTreeViewGetTree()" does not exist anymore.

It seems to have changed in function name like this :

$ItemID = _GUICtrlTreeViewGetTree ($TreeDB, "|")

Also the syntax seems to have changed over time, with the release of new Beta versions.

The $GUIText variable is not needed anymore as you can see in the above code.

Also the as you can see in the original script some extra includes and options are NEEDED to run it properly.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <GUIListview.au3>
#Include <GuiTreeView.au3>
#include <excelcom.au3>

opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced
opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)       ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client

Success.

@JSThePatriot

OK, now I see what you are talking about.

Like said earlier in some replies the function "_GUICtrlTreeViewGetTree()" does not exist anymore.

It seems to have changed in function name like this :

$ItemID = _GUICtrlTreeViewGetTree ($TreeDB, "|")

Also the syntax seems to have changed over time, with the release of new Beta versions.

The $GUIText variable is not needed anymore as you can see in the above code.

Also the as you can see in the original script some extra includes and options are NEEDED to run it properly.

#include <Array.au3>
#include <GuiConstants.au3>
#include <GUIListview.au3>
#Include <GuiTreeView.au3>
#include <excelcom.au3>

opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)
opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2);1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced
opt("MouseCoordMode", 0)      ;1=absolute, 0=relative, 2=client

Success.

Excellent... I was curious as to why your code didnt reflect the updated GUICtrlTree*() functions. :)

I have all the needed includes. I downloaded them. I will fix the code and see if its working great as I assume it will.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

Version update of the SQLite_Gui.au3 in the first post, to fix errors as a result of syntax changes in newer AutoIt Beta releases.

Thanks to @JSThePatriot for bringing this up !! :(

You are more than welcome hehe... I am getting two COM errors when I start up the application. I am thinking (guessing really) that this may be due to my not registering the .DLL?

The first error is as follows: This one happens before any GUI is displayed.

err.description: 0

err.windescription: Invalid class string

err.number: 800401F3

err.lastdllerror: 0

err.scriptline: 17

err.source: 0

err.helpfile: 0

err.helpcontext: 0

The second error comes shortly after the Main Window of the GUI is displayed, but before the Excel Sheet, and Before the tabs and controls at the bottom.

err.description: 0

err.windescription: Variable must be of type 'Object'.

err.number: 000000A9

err.lastdllerror: 0

err.scriptline: 88

err.source: 0

err.helpfile: 0

err.helpcontext: 0

Have you scripted your GUI to use the DLLCall() Version yet?

Also, which version of the SQLite.au3 (include file) will I be able to use to include in my script that uses the DLLCall()?

I want to use your GUI to create the database as I need it, and then use the include in my script to manipulate the database as is needed for my program.

I appreciate this useful functionality. I really am getting to like SQLite :). I was in the past wanting to add some plugin's for databases, and I still may. If I do I will definitely include functionality for SQLite.

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links

@JSThePatriot

As you read in the script line 17 refers to the LiteX COM object.

So if you did not register it it will not run.

Line 88 is the same reason. If you don' t have the DLL registered forget this application.

Have you scripted your GUI to use the DLLCall() Version yet?

Not even started. And will only start to rewrite when the DLLCall version becomes part of the AutIT standard includes.

When this will happen, no idea depends on when the developers accept @picasso's UDF as standard.

Also, which version of the SQLite.au3 (include file) will I be able to use to include in my script that uses the DLLCall()?

Use the latest version, which is a few posts back (#432), look for the member @picasso or in the first post (see red hyperlink)

You can use the SQLite.au3 in your script but, than you can not use the SQLite_GUI.

But when you download the SQLite.Zip it contains other example and a GUI to use.

The choise is yours.

Edited by ptrex

You say that if I use the SQLite.au3 I cannot use the GUI... does this mean at the same time or at all?

I would think the database file could be manipulated by any program that had access correct?

I was going to use your GUI to create the database>tables>fields so I could then use the SQLite.au3 in my script to add/remove/edit/find data.

Is this not the way it should/could/does work?

JS

AutoIt Links

External Links