Newbies - help

Hi everyone,

First let me say what a powerful tools AutoIt is. I have been looking for something like it for ages, and here it is (I just found last week).

OK, I have read the online documentation and try to make my script work... but I am a bit lost at what (and where) I should look for.

1) I have written a Java program and it will pop up a "save as" window with the path (in a textfield) of where the file should be saved. On the AutoIt Window Info (>>> Visible Window Text <<<), I found the visible pathname, but I don't know how to change this.

2) I also try to mimic the action of selecting a certain printer drive (from the drop downbox) in the print dialog. From AutoIt Window Info (>>> Visible Window Text <<<), I got the &name of the printer I want to select, but I don't know how to select it.

Is there a function or variable that I can use for them?

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Tim

what do you want to do?

tell the prog to save your file somewhere else (you specified before), or do you just want to know where it is saved?

I want to change the "path" of where it is saving. The path is shown in a text field, I just don't know how to access and change that text field

Welcome to the forums Tim!

Did you end up solving your problem? AutoIt Window Info will show a control ID and/or ClassNameNN value for the text field that contains the data when you place your mouse over it. You can then easily modify the value of that field using ControlSetText():

ControlSetText('Open', '', 'TheControlID', 'New value')