Calling an Exe with switches

Hi all,

Im trying to run and exe with commands

run (@ProgramFilesDir & "\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\ldms\Packages\3M\Software\setup.exe" /s /f1"C:\temp\3M\Software\RFIDResponse.iss")

The below works but the above fails

run (@ProgramFilesDir & "\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\ldms\Packages\3M\Software\setup.exe"

I know the setup command and switches work fine as i can do them in CMD, any ideas?

Also i would like to change the C:\temp\3M\Software\RFIDResponse.iss path to the same path as the exe @ProgramFilesDir & "\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\ldms\Packages\3M\Software\setup.exe Is there an easier way to do this or do i just have to repeat the @programfilesdir  ?

Edited by gingerpantman

• Moderators

gingerpantman, as I mentioned in your previous thread (really wasn't a need to open a new thread, since this is the same install), ShellExecute or ShellExecuteWait is your best bet for these kinds of installs. Certainly no need to run it from command prompt. I would do something like this:

ShellExecuteWait(@ProgramFilesDir & "\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\ldms\Packages\3M\Software\setup.exe", '/s /f1 "C:\temp\3M\Software\RFIDResponse.iss"')

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!