Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kharizmah

UIAutomation access to First Child

5 posts in this topic

I would like to access a list view object and then get the value for the first child.
However, there doesn't seem to be a property value available though it shows in Inspect.

I figured it shouldn't be too difficult to add

["FirstChild", $UIA_FirstChildPropertyId]_  to UIAWrappers.au3

and then a Global Variable to  CUIAutomation2.au3. However,  I'm not sure how you figure out the Id# for this Property.

@Junkew Can you help me figure that out?

FirstChild.png

as told in iuiautomation thread add more information from simplespy output.

Not sure but I think you first have to get your list object and then with a treewalker you can get first and last child

As far as I am aware there is not a property for First or Last child

see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ee671425(v=vs.85).aspx

I thought maybe there was because it is listed at the bottom, using WinSDK_Inspect_exe_x86.exe

It's not that I am having trouble - accessing the field or seeing if it is an element of the list -  using tree walker; it's that I actually need to know if it's listed as the first child.

I checked the link you sent. 

I will try accessing the link and using the FindFirst() method.

Okay I have tried:

$obj.GetFirstChild

$obj.GetFirstChildElement

$obj.FindFirstChild

The problem is all of these seem to want you to point toward a property in the object,  such as $UIA_NamePropertyId.
This makes perfect sense, which is why I was wondering if I could access that field in Inspect.exe listed as FirstChild.  The Element in FirstChild is the data I desire.

I could even deal with getting access to the "property" listed here as Children. 

When I use SimpleSpy.au3, I do not see a property that has any information that I can use to narrow it's position within the subtree of ListView.

If you have any ideas, please let me know.

So I continued to extensively research your code and managed to get the value of the first child by accessing the listbox path, getting the firstObject, and then pulling its value.

Local $o_listBox  =searchForPathByAutoId(...

Local $firstElement = _UIA_getFirstObjectOfElement($o_listBox...

Local $firstElementValue = _UIA_getPropertyValue($firstElement, $UIA_NamePropertyId)

Thanks for guiding me along the way :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• bobmcrae
      By bobmcrae
      I am experimenting with UIAWrappers.au3 from junkew to complete an application which presents absolutely no control information using AutoIT Window Info.  While I am able to complete the form successfully, I am not happy with the speed.  As a benchmark, the simple Send method occurs in far less than 1-second, but the UIAutomation approach takes 3-seconds.  I am wondering whether performance gains may be achieved by specifying the controls more precisely; but I am unsure how to do that.  I was able to speed things up a bit by setting $UIA_DefaultWaitTime=0.  The controls of interest are 5-levels deep, as show in the simplespy output below.  It seems I do get faster response by specifying the target/top-level window, as show in the code below.  Any ideas?
      #include "UIAWrappers.au3" _UIA_setVar("Global.Debug", False) _UIA_setVar("Global.Debug.File", False) _UIA_setVar("Global.Highlight", False) _UIA_setVar("DPN","Title:=NC-stat DPNCheck Communicator;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=Window") _UIA_action('DPN','setFocus') _UIA_setVar("DPN.firstName","AutomationId:=txtFirstName") _UIA_setVar("DPN.lastName", "AutomationId:=txtLastName") _UIA_Action('DPN.lastName','setvalue','last name') _UIA_setVar("DPN.ID", "AutomationId:=txtSubjectId") _UIA_setVar("DPN.DOB", "AutomationId:=PART_TextBox") _UIA_setVar("DPN.Ft", "AutomationId:=txtSubjectHeight") _UIA_setVar("DPN.In", "AutomationId:=txtSubjectHeight2") _UIA_Action('DPN.firstName','setvalue','first name') _UIA_Action('DPN.ID','setvalue','ID012345') _UIA_Action('DPN.DOB','setvalue','1/31/1932') _UIA_Action('DPN.Ft','setvalue','6') _UIA_Action('DPN.In','setvalue','1') SimpleSpy output:
      ;~ *** Standard code *** #include "UIAWrappers.au3" AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) Local $oP4=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($UIA_oDesktop, "Title:=NC-stat DPNCheck Communicator;controltype:=UIA_WindowControlTypeId;class:=Window", $treescope_children) _UIA_Action($oP4,"setfocus") Local $oP3=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP4, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=Frame", $treescope_children) Local $oP2=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP3, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_TabControlTypeId;class:=TabControl", $treescope_children) Local $oP1=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP2, "Title:=Patient;controltype:=UIA_TabItemControlTypeId;class:=TabItem", $treescope_children) Local $oP0=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP1, "Title:=;controltype:=UIA_PaneControlTypeId;class:=Frame", $treescope_children) ;~ First find the object in the parent before you can do something ;~$oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll(".mainwindow", "title:=;ControlType:=UIA_EditControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree) Local $oUIElement=_UIA_getObjectByFindAll($oP0, "title:=;ControlType:=UIA_EditControlTypeId", $treescope_subtree) _UIA_action($oUIElement,"click")