Project to a linux or Mac Autoit Release??

slidy56fr

Hello, I think your Autoit's language is perfect with clever syntax without unnecessary things (";" at the end for each line like C based languages,PHP ). Many languages force developers to reinvent basic things (for example, so as to create a directory whatever if this one exist AutoIt do it with only 2 words, many other language must have 6 lines or more: I think many developers become exhausted to do poor things because of this principle).

I encourage AutoIT for Windows (I regret that it is not bult-in in Windows so as to help to deploy softwares). I want to be proactive to learn a language which would be compatible with other OS than Windows (linux, Mac OS) but according to me no language reach the AutoIt's level.

I began to use PHP wich is interesting but I think this language is a draft and they could have better syntax (especially for different comment when we switch from HTML to PHP in the same file).

Is there a project for a Linux or MAC AutoIt? (except the famous Wine for Linux)

Thanks

As regards

Arnaud (France)

Edited by slidy56fr

AutoIt is a Windows exclusive language. If you desperately want to use AutoIt, the latest stable runs perfectly fine in Wine on both OS X and linux (Ubuntu-based, anyway).

I will answer every single PM, and you are free to ask anything anytime.

That is so kind @slidy56fr. Thank you for your nice words. Bringing AutoIt to other operating systems would be immensely difficult. Not only are the APIs for window control vastly different, so are the actual UI control schemes.

In my view, we currently have plenty of room to improve AutoIt on Windows. We have historically not looked at other platforms and currently are not looking either. Many thanks again for your interest.

Thanks @slidy56fr! Unfortunately, no such project exist... and never will be :(, See the Not To Do List of AutoIt. As Manadar pointed out, AutoIt hugely depends on the Windows APIs, Porting AutoIt to other OSes would require complete rewrite form scratch :(

TD :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

• 1 year later...
On 04/07/2017 at 3:17 PM, TheDcoder said:

@slidy56fr Wow :blink:... that was a late reply, you took 1 year, 10 months, and 12 days to reply ;)

Hello, in fact in my first post I  thanks in advance then I expected may be wrongly that is was  unnecessarily  to thanks again ;-) Sorry if I incommode someone.