Where is au3record.exe?

Jon

• Administrators

It has been removed from the main installer from v3.3.14.1 as it triggers many AV false positives. You can find an old version here:

https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/archive/autoit/ autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip

A little explanation of the rather strange link above:

If we give you a direct link to the file (or the zip file which includes it) the site gets flagged as hosting malware (yes really!) - so what you have is a link to the AutoIt archive page and the name of the zip file you need to download from it.

Edited by Melba23
Added some explanation

I can't find recorder either. This is the first way I was intending to use AutoIT. Not having a good first experience. No recorder included, no recorder listed on their website, can't fill out a contact us form as it keep s saying it's spam and the website is covered in ads. 

• Developers

I can't find recorder either. This is the first way I was intending to use AutoIT. Not having a good first experience. No recorder included, no recorder listed on their website, can't fill out a contact us form as it keep s saying it's spam and the website is covered in ads. 

ah, you found it and still have issues? 

Tried the whole link posted as it seems the underlying link is only a portion of the whole posted url os select the mentioned file?

jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

pdjhh,

-1. No recorder included: For the very good reason explained in the first post - which is why you do not get a direct link.

-2. no recorder listed on their website: And yet this thread is pinned on the main Help section of the forum for that very reason.

-3. can't fill out a contact us form as it keep s saying it's spam: I get lots of emails from people using the contact form (in fact I have just dealt with one) - could it be you causing the problem?

-4. website is covered in ads: AutoIt is entirely free - how else do you expect us to pay for the server costs?

Anyway, as you seem to have so much trouble getting to the file I extracted it from the linked zip with no difficulty at all and it is now sitting on my hard drive - please PM me if you require a copy.

M23

Edit: This is not a general offer. I expect anyone else to do extract the file themselves as it is trivial to do so, despite the protestations of a certain poster.

Edited by Melba23
Clarification of offer - too subtle for some

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 9 months later...

Good points by Melba23. "I expect anyone else to do extract the file themselves as it is trivial to do so" if people cannot even do this, they shouldn't be trying to code at all imo. We cannot do everything for the end user. We certainly don't mind helping people to get them pointed in the right direction no one will do all the work for you. Maybe consider hiring a programmer instead?

Also, I don't agree with ads, but I want to support you. Do you have a monthly subscription to make the forums ad free? I would be more than happy to pay to remove ads and support the software and website.

Edited by BetaLeaf

• Developers
1 hour ago, BetaLeaf said:

Also, I don't agree with ads, but I want to support you. Do you have a monthly subscription to make the forums ad free? I would be more than happy to pay to remove ads and support the software and website.

This is currently not in place and highly doubt it ever will as it won't work like this for the vast majority.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

5 hours ago, BetaLeaf said:

Why not use an ad block plugin or ad block dedicated browser if they irk you so.

I've never seen ads on the forum when logged in and not using ad blocking software, is it me?

wtfpl-badge-1.png

• Moderators

Mobius,

Correct, the ads only appear when you are not logged in - at least that is what is Jon intended and certainly what I see.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

There is a donate button, top right of the forums home page, where you can make a donation to support the server hosting costs of the site if you wish.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developers

That is because it is removed for the standard SciTE4Autoit3 config as it is not part of the standard AutoIt3 setup anymore. 
Just run it manually or add some setting in your SciTEUSer.properties to have it appear under the tools option.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 4 weeks later...
On Dienstag, 25. August 2015 at 3:36 PM, Jon said:

removed from the main installer from v3.3.14.1

old version here: ...  autoit-v3.3.14.0.zip

What happened to the development of au3record, is the source available somewhere ?

Because I have some ideas that would be useful (and easy to do

with the source), esp. during testing.

E.g.  an option to generate _MouseClick() instead of MouseClick(),

so its behavior could be changed (e.g. with a counter and tooltip).

Edited by hajo4

-HaJo

You don't need to modify the recorder, just modify the script it creates.

Also, the recorder has very limited usefulness beyond a quick and dirty automation script, anything beyond that you shouldn't be using MouseClick or Send anyways.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I found "AU3RECORD.EXE" a great help....

Most of the programs I wanted to automate don't have command line options or I wanted them to follow a certain course of scripted action.

I'd use au3record to get the AutoIt commands Control/clicks/sends/etc I needed, then pasted them into the main script to handle that part of the process.

It wasn't perfect but saved me a lot of time looking up syntax and playing with the info tool.

It's sad that it was removed but Autoit isn't as good as it used to be for automation of programs.
I'm hoping "IUIAutomation" and work junkew is doing to redress the deficiencies that AutoIt now has with modern interfaces.

An I hope his tool will get close to what "AU3RECORD.EXE" used to provide. :)  it is looking good so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

As support was specifically discontinued and the files removed from the install, the likelihood of adding back in is pretty much zero.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Or we can copy only the below two files for this purpose.

Au3Record.exe
ASWhook.dll

And continue to use the latest versions instead of installing the older versions.

It would be nice if in AutoIT download section separate installer for Recorder is available.

Edited by ur

• Jos locked this topic