Scite Configuration

ReFran

Hello,

I use Scite for editing files. Then I use Beta Run. The disadventage is that everytime - if I forgot to save the origin in front of clicking run (what happens very often) - it overwrites the file with the version I've just edit.

Is there a configuration item, that Scite runs the active files from a temp folder and only save it, if File Save is used?

Best regards, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

Hi!

[GERMAN]

Schreib doch einfach ein kleines Script dafür...

Das ist genau das, wozu AutoIt gedacht ist...

[/GERMAN]

peethebee

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvGerman Forums: http://www.autoit.deGerman Help File: http://autoit.de/hilfe vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Hi!

[GERMAN]

Schreib doch einfach ein kleines Script dafür...

Das ist genau das, wozu AutoIt gedacht ist...

[/GERMAN]

peethebee

[GERMAN]

Danke. Dachte schon ich hätte mal wieder was überlesen.

Ein kleines Script in AutoIt ist für mich gleich wieder ein grösseres Projekt. Davon habe ich aber zur Zeit mal wieder genug.

[/GERMAN]

Mmmh ....

... nothing integrated (instead of writing an own script for that)?

(The problem is not to restore all the help files I changed lightly for testings, it's more to restore all the wonderfull examples I copied over.)

Thanks, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

• Developers

Hello,

I use Scite for editing files. Then I use Beta Run. The disadventage is that everytime - if I forgot to save the origin in front of clicking run (what happens very often) - it overwrites the file with the version I've just edit.

Is there a configuration item, that Scite runs the active files from a temp folder and only save it, if File Save is used?

Best regards, Reinhard

There is no config item for that because it needs to save the file to be able to Compile or Run it.

You can however created .BAK files by setting this in SciTEConfig and save the latest X versions.

Having said that, I really don't understand how you original issue could be solved.

I assume you open a script in the editor to change it so its expected you will override it with the updates.

If you want to keep the old version you need to install something that does visioning for you like TortoiseCVS or TortoiseSVN and every time to want to save a version you commit the updated Script to the sandbox.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

(The problem is not to restore all the help files I changed lightly for testings, it's more to restore all the wonderfull examples I copied over.)

In the future, you can copy each "wonderful example" to an au3 file and add the read-only file attribute. That way SciTE should prompt you to save any edits to a file with some other name or path at run time.

@JdeB,

Perhaps the au3 files that come with the distribution should be read-only to start with... or at least the sample code used for the help file. Just a thought.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Developers

@JdeB,

Perhaps the au3 files that come with the distribution should be read-only to start with... or at least the sample code used for the help file. Just a thought.

Have proposed that before but i don't remember why we ended up not doing it or maybe we forgot about it... maybe JPM remembers ?

PS. a reinstall or new Beta installation will update them all....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Have proposed that before but i don't remember why we ended up not doing it or maybe we forgot about it... maybe JPM remembers ?

Hello,

I have been assumed that there is a config item, which let you choose if you want to run and overwrite the origin or if you want to run it in/from the %temp% folder. Ok, now I know at least that there is no such menu item and will try to get use to it.

Thanks for the hints, Reinhard

Edited by ReFran

I don't remember I am getting too old.

perhaps the installer will not update read only files. B)

...perhaps the installer will not update read only files. B)

I searched for all au3 files under the AutoIt3 folder.

Added the R attrib to each au3 file found

(I had already completed the steps above before this topic came up today.)

Removed the R attrib from two au3 files:

...\AutoIt3\Examples\Helpfile\_ArrayAdd.au3

...\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3

Edited/saved each of those files

Added the R attrib back to those two au3 files

I tested steps above with the:

Uninstall before continuing (recommended)

option and the

Overwrite current version (leaves file associations and compiler settings intact)

option.

autoit-v3.1.1-setup.exe happily writes over each au3 file that had the R file attrib for both options.

No extra warnings popup about over writing these files my XP OS.

Just FYI..............

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]