Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oranjestad

Scite install - post configuration

4 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I'm just getting started with AutoIt. I already had Scite installed and use it for some other stuff. I'd like to know if I can simply add the AutoIt goodness to Scite after the fact?

I went through the Scite4AutoIt files, but couldn't discover the correct script (if there is one).

Regards,

Oran

Hello all,

I'm just getting started with AutoIt. I already had Scite installed and use it for some other stuff. I'd like to know if I can simply add the AutoIt goodness to Scite after the fact?

I went through the Scite4AutoIt files, but couldn't discover the correct script (if there is one).

Regards,

Oran

You can download the ZIP version. Copy all extra file/directories and copy the AU3.properties and au3.keywords.properties files.

Check the Au3,properties file to ensure this setting is set to the correct directory:

autoit3dir=C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Somewhat answered my own question:

SciTE version 1.66 (26-Aug-2005) au3 ships as a language property file. So it's in the global properties file (SciTEGlobal.properites) just commented out.

So un-commenting "import au3" got me syntax highlighting.

I also added au3 to the Lexer menu, which puts it in the "Language" menu of SciTE. Just under ASN.1, I added the following:

AutoIt|au3||\

I don't think I have auto-complete, but I'm working on it.

Oran

Somewhat answered my own question:

I don't think I have auto-complete, but I'm working on it.

Oran

To get that to work you will have copy some files from the SciTE4AutoIt3 website:

API/au3.api

au3.properties

au3.keywords.properties (for up to date keyword tables)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)