Locking a memory address

I need to get my autoit script to LOCK a memory address.. How exactly would i go about this? The address is an 8 byte integer...

I am not sure this is possible or impossible, but you need to search the forum for _Mem*() functions. Someone has created a whole list of functions that deal with memory. A quick search should give you some clues.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

a LOCK call isnt made AFAIK.

but there is an open-close read-write. (wonder who made that)

they should give you an example on how to do it.

check my sig.

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

what does AFAIK mean?

As far as I know.

@w0uter sorry B). I knew it was someone that was quite active :o.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I need to get my autoit script to LOCK a memory address.. How exactly would i go about this? The address is an 8 byte integer...

Do you actually know what you want? An "8 byte integer" is presumably a 64-bit memory address which would mean you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, correct? And what do you mean "LOCK" it? Lock it form what? Being read? Being written to? Being executed as code?

Then you need to use the Windows API function VirtualProtectEx with the PAGE_READONLY flag. Note that setting the address to read only will cause an access violation if something tries to write to that address, anyway.