anitdude

Progress Bar Timing

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have an "all on one exe", my exe is built using a number of includes which have various functions and stuff; this part is all and well and works as designed.

My problem is however, as I am calling all the functions are the begining of the file which becomes the exe, I don't see a way to create my prograss bar "real-ish time" whist these "built in" functions are being executed in the exe.

The problem is, I considered a timer, but the amount of time to execute each included script can vary drastically so I cannot guess with certainty that it will complete within X time or will not exceed X time.

So basically, I'm looking for a solution where I can have all my includes run within the exe and the progress bar move to a different function(s) (not initial includes) which are the step(s) after the includes.

Using GUICtrlSetData for example is ok, but I cannot seem to add the includes as a seprate function for step 1, for example, as they are needed out within this function, and if I add the global includes within the main script and the independent includes (which relay on the global ones) then my "independent includes" get errors like "error: Statement cannot be just an expression."

Without providing specifics for code and such, any advice would be great.

I can provide an example of my code, but not my code :(

Use the function GUICtrlCreateProgress using the $PB_MARQUEE style, then you don't need to keep track of timings. I have a link in my signature to a UDF I created that creates a customizable "splash" screen with a progress bar.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi Thanks.

Nice functionality, I am currently giving it a try :)

Thanks again for the tip.